News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

unpaid praise for interior product

Started by 1ol72charger4me, July 06, 2013, 08:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1ol72charger4me

Finally used this SEM product 39643 Tac Free the other day on my armrests that I had dyed and all I can say is WOW. Something that actually performs like it says. It says that it helps with plasticizer migration (fancy term for stickiness) and it does. It also tames down the glossiness to look like new. After a couple of weeks, still the same. I put three coats on because it is a high wear part. I didn't recolor my sunvisors but I am sure this would be a big help for those because they get real sticky after a redye. For that matter every SEM product I've ever used has worked well. The Trim Black they sell is the best ever. :2thumbs:

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Dino

Trim black is the only SEM product I have used so far but it is also one of the best I've ever used.  Thanks for the review!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

GPULLER

I used Color Coat on my rear seats and carpet in my car this past winter.  Recovered the front seats and the rears needed to be freshened to match the front.  Carpet was faded and spray it, looks a lot times better.  I will replace it someday.

Before and after of the carpet.

Back N Black

SEM is the best out there, i did my complete interior with SEM Landau black. The seats were white and i dyed black, it been 8 years on the seats and still looks great.

Ghoste

I can't believe what a difference it made in that carpet.  Impressive.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on July 08, 2013, 06:32:08 AM
I can't believe what a difference it made in that carpet.  Impressive.

:iagree:

:thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

71green go

I always use the Plastic Adhesion Promoter prior to using any Vinyl dye or spray...it makes the product adhere so much better..
I also always clean parts with TSP prior to coating as it actually will remove residue from armour all and vinyl treatment products

Ghoste

I have an armrest pad in the fastback that is beginning to show some black through the white so I'm going to have to keep all of these in mind.  Of course its in the 67 and if I go ahead and sell it I could just rattle can it white.  :o :misbehaving: :D

1ol72charger4me

Quote from: 71green go on July 10, 2013, 07:09:48 AM
I always use the Plastic Adhesion Promoter prior to using any Vinyl dye or spray...it makes the product adhere so much better..
I also always clean parts with TSP prior to coating as it actually will remove residue from armour all and vinyl treatment products

Totally agree. Don't do it on my say so but their adhesion promoter will make paint stick to CHROME. And TSP is actually what a lot of cleaners are made of. I sprang for the SEM soap to do mine this time. Not so hard on the skin. We used to do a quick wipedown with lacquer thinner but I don't recommend it to anybody because it is easy to screw up stuff if you haven't practiced the technique.

bull

I love SEM for the most part. I've used it on almost every small part on the car and the only gripe I have about it is the Trim Black. The stuff is perfect in every way but toughness. While many other paints will stand up to a captive washer fender bolt being tightened against them or getting bumped against something the SEM will usually mar somehow. But the Color Coat line is awesome. :2thumbs:

Dino

Quote from: bull on July 28, 2013, 08:38:48 PM
I love SEM for the most part. I've used it on almost every small part on the car and the only gripe I have about it is the Trim Black. The stuff is perfect in every way but toughness. While many other paints will stand up to a captive washer fender bolt being tightened against them or getting bumped against something the SEM will usually mar somehow. But the Color Coat line is awesome. :2thumbs:

Hey Bull, maybe it's too late but try topping trim black with two coats of satin clear.  That should make it more durable without changing the appearance. 

bull

Yea, I probably should have done that. I actually have done it before but didn't stop to think if it helped.

ramairthree

I wonder,
what could this do for old parts that are not repainted or dyed,
but getting the sticky, tacky feel.

I will never quite understand plastics,
in the same vehicle one might become a gooey ball of gunk (8 track roller),
a sticky, tacky object (steering wheel),
and brittle, dried out easily breaking pieces (seat back, trim)

Dino

A bit of TSP will take care of the sticky plastic.  After cleaning you can decide if it needs paint or not.  You can use vinegar as well but don't do it while the pieces are installed on the car.   :D

bull

You could also use aerosol 3M adhesive remover or SEM Solve to get rid of the sticky stuff. You want to get that stuff off of there before trying to dye,