News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Alternator Brackets

Started by NZ68RT, April 12, 2006, 02:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZ68RT

Just trying to sort out my alternator setup and it looks like I have incorrect brackets. The car is a 68 440 but has a 66 block in it, I'm picking the brackets were from 66 as well, anyone recognise them ?

It was an ac car but the comp is missing ands an idler is in its place, I am going to use a Sanden compressor and brackets from BPE and want to make sure the alternator alignment is OK

Thanks

Steve
- 1968 Dodge Charger 440 R/T
- 1972 VH Valiant Charger ( Australian ) 360 4 speed
- 1967 Plymouth Barracuda Hardtop 273 auto

71440charger

I am putting a 66 block into my 71 as long as the belt is tight and in line with the pulleys it should be OK i had that problem with a power steering pump did not match up and had to have a  new bracket
The Killer Cam

Chryco Psycho

those look adapted , the top braket looks like a Slant 6 braket bent to work, not sure what the bootom is

NZ68RT

Yeah it's not pretty, the bottom bracket is a cast iron piece which sits in between the lugs on the alternator is pretty solid and seems to belong there, with another brace on the front of the bottom mount. Might have to hunt down some correct brackets, sure be a lot lighter.

8WHEELER

This is a correct original 68 440 AC setup.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

NZ68RT

SWEET !, thanks Dan, thats made my day.

MackDa600

Dan,
any chance you could email me or PM some more pictures of your engine. I am trying to sort out my alternator brackets as it appears I have the wrong ones. I have a 68 440 with ac well. the ac was removed prior to me owning the car and now I am trying to put it back in.

I need to know all of the brackets needed for this. Everything you find new online is for non ac 440's!

Also if you could send a close up of the throttle cable mounting bracket?

would be a TREMENDOUS help!