News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MOPAR MUSCLE--body trailer

Started by Brian in GA, July 05, 2013, 02:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian in GA

Okay, guys, in the last few issues of mopar muscle mag, I noticed they're doing some serious bodywork, this month on a 69 charger.  They had a trailer constructed that would haul the stripped body to the blaster, and it basically looked like a small jon boat trailer with 3 rails situated in such a way as to support the car.  Would anybody here have one like that or know where I can get some specs to make one? 

I also notice they use a "body table" to support the framework and keep the twisting/bending to a minimum when replacing most of the sheetmetal.  I'd like some info on that too if anybody has it.  I'm gonna need something similar real soon.  Got a lot of cuttin' to do.

Thanks in advance.

Ghoste

I haven't picked up an issue in a while so I haven't seen what you are talking about but have you tried firing an e-mail off to Randy Bolig?

Dino

Does the body table look like a structure made out of heavy steel beams?  It may be a frame table which makes it possible to bolt the car to the table at key points.  It is a great way to replace sheet metal but you don't really need it.  They weight as much as a house and cost about the same.   :icon_smile_big:

Nothing can beat a good rotisserie to do a restoration.  But it is always a good idea to weld a few braces in the car before you start cutting, in fact I'd weld in braces before I took the doors out.  Some of these cars are so far gone they would bend in half if you cut the roof off and opened the doors.   :lol:

Oh and a rotisserie rolls right onto a flatbed trailer.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.