News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'66 and '67 charger fender tag decode

Started by FastbackJon, February 28, 2006, 02:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

Can someone here solve some fender tag codes for me?

In '66...

TOP LINE
w - 6

2ND LINE
D - 9 (front disc brakes?)
E - 1
K - 8
S - 1

In '67...

2ND LINE
E - 1
K - 8
S - 1
X - 2
Y - 6

I think some of them might be for power brakes, or AC, or power windows, or maybe even a console clock, but I'm not sure.

TIA!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

janimm

My decoder claims:

ABC OPTIONS:
D9: Front Disk Brakes
E1: Unknown Option
K8: Power Windows
S1: Air Conditioning

abc OPTIONS:
w6: Build to Spec's for Canada

ABC OPTIONS:
E1: Unknown Option
K8: Power Windows
S1: Air Conditioning
X2: Tinted Windshield Only
Y6: Black Vinyl Top

Hope this helps

ITSA426

Without looking I think E 1 is the cleaner air package (required on CA cars).  If not that its the 26" radiator install.  One or the other.  If its an S 1 air conditioned car it required the big radiato,r but my son's car is an AC car out of California so it has both. 

On the '67 I think X 2 is suregrip.  But I'm doing this from memory.  I'm sure someone will come in with the exact stuff. 

FastbackJon

Thanks janimm,

Lee, G1 is the 26" radiator. And the X you are thinking about is with the "AX", I'm just trying to get codes for the top two lines with the alphabets.

Maybe E1 for '66/'67 is power brakes or the console clock, or as Lee said, a California car?

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

rm23v0a

My Silver car has the E 1 code on the data plate. Unfortunately, it is a California Car and a Power Brake car, so I am not sure which it is. It does not have a Clock and it has a 22" radiator. Try to find an E 1 on a non California car with Power Brakes ?? My Black car has manual brakes so that is no help.

janimm

I have encountered the 'E1' code before, but never found reliable info on what it is. If anyone knows "for sure", I'll be happy to add it into my decoder.
http://www.jani-immonen.net/decoders/tag6768.html

ITSA426

Then I'm sure the E 1 is the Cleaner Air Package; at least on a '66.  It doesn't make it a California car but, as I understand it, the CAP was required an all cars sold in California (except Hemi cars, which were CA emissions exempt).  So I would think all original CA cars should have it.  I think cars brought in were required to meet CA standards before they could get registered/plates there.

California was among the first states to tighten up air quality standards so their laws made for some unique cars.  As I said, we hava a couple original California cars.  I've also seen other cars with the CAP but not from California.

The car would have come with the green vacumn distributor block on the intake manifold and an additional green and white decal on the air cleaner talking about the CAP service requirements.  I think the distributor and possibly carb would have different part numbers with the CAP.  The service manual lays out some different service requirements.  I have some of the decals.

I don't remember if its in Galens secret decoder book or why I believe that but I'm confident of it.  Maybe some other CA car guys with '66 & '67 cars can get in this.  Lee

janimm

OK, I take your work for it.  :icon_smile_cool:
I updated the decoder to recognize code E1 as Cleaner Air Package
http://www.jani-immonen.net/decoders/tag6768.html