News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lifter removal

Started by Dodgerdallas, July 04, 2013, 02:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgerdallas

Going to degree the cam but this is my first 440,have to put my solid lifter in #1 and need to know do I remove the rocker arm shaft to lift it out? The rockers/lifters go back right when u torque the 5 bolts on shaft?
This is gonna be cheap and easy......

Dmichels

THis only aplies to stock rockers.
Loosen the bolts a little at a time to relieve spring tension. Keep the bolts in the shaft so all the parts do not fall off. Lift off the shaft. You can now remove the lifter. Assembly is the reverse. THere is no adjustment in the stock system. THis is a good time to check the rocker shaft assemble to make sure all the parts are installed right.
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Dodgerdallas

Thanks,hey in case the degrees off how do I make the adjustment? On s small Chevy (the kit I have), if its off you drill one of the holes on the timing chain and place a offset bushing in-I  see there's only one bolt on the 440-how's it done if needed?

Dmichels

On the 1 bolt Mopar cams you can drill the hole that the dowel pin goes threw and use an offset bushing kit
Dave

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-85/overview/
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Dodgerdallas

Ok Dave you've helped s lot,thank you