News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AC Wiring Question

Started by ktneifert09, July 03, 2013, 01:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktneifert09

I must be an idiot :eek2: but I can't figure out where the green wire connects to on my AC motor.  I have an old unit and the pigtail might be missing.  The blue one is there.  Can anyone share a picture of how the wiring connects?
Thanks!
Plans are useless; planning is indispensible.
Especially with an old car!

Dino

Quote from: ktneifert09 on July 03, 2013, 01:20:14 PM
I must be an idiot :eek2: but I can't figure out where the green wire connects to on my AC motor.  I have an old unit and the pigtail might be missing.  The blue one is there.  Can anyone share a picture of how the wiring connects?
Thanks!

Is the blue wire hooked up to the ac compressor clutch?

If the green wire is light green then it powers the compressor and is connected to the fuse box, if it is dark green it is for the fan.  This is off the top of my head, I'll have to check the FSM when I get home.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ktneifert09

1968. Shop manual says blue wire to comrpessor, dk green wire to AC motor. I have a pigtail off the compressor for the blue wire but no place I can see to connect dk green wire.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes the blue goes to the compressor (only one wire to compressor) & the dark green goes to the blower motor (referred to as "Air Conditioner Motor") on the firewall.... (second pic circled in green)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dino

There should be another green going from a/c control switch to fuse box.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ktneifert09

Got it - stupid me. It's the blower motor that needs the connection.  I didn't hook mine up because I need to repair it and the green wire got lost in the shuffle. Thanks guys!