News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do 440's go for these days?

Started by cudaken, July 02, 2013, 06:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

:scratchchin: Hum, I have been thinking about going fast again. As some of you know I have been out of the Mopar Lope for sometime now and I have no clue what a rebuild-able 440 goes for?  :shruggy:

Any ideas of what a forged crank and cast crank short and long blocks are worth?

Saw one on Craigslist, 440 short block 72 stranded bore, 6 pack rods, pistons, forged crank (if it is the correct crank) Moroso pan (looks like 6 quart) and pick up for $350.00. Motor sure does not look fresh so I know it will need to be punched and new pistons. But that does seem like a fair prices.

Ad is about 15 days old and I left a phone message. So what can I expect to pay if this one gets away?

Cuda Ken   
I am back

skip68

I think $350 is good for that motor.   I think 300 to 400 for cast crank and 600 to 700 for forged.     :Twocents:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cooter

Quote from: skip68 on July 02, 2013, 06:49:58 PM
I think $350 is good for that motor.   I think 300 to 400 for cast crank and 600 to 700 for forged.     :Twocents:

What he said.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Scaregrabber

That's a good deal if you are going to use that pan. I find that with the cheap stroker cranks that the standard crank stuff has almost zero value. Everyone is building a stroker these days so the steel crank stock stroke stuff can be had cheaply.

Sheldon

cudaken

Thanks for the answers folks! I just called again and got voices. My guess is this one got away.  :shruggy: But you never know. :scratchchin:

Cuda Ken 
I am back

A383Wing

I hear voices also...oh, wait....sorry

Bryan