News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hemi charger 500 project car on facebook 45 k

Started by moparstuart, July 02, 2013, 06:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

does it look like its got a vinyl top  ???

moparstuart

he says it will be at Carlisle next weekend
next weekend

ws23rt

Any more information on the car? The pics raise questions.

69_500

Hmmmm. At Carlisle. Man I knew I should make the trip this year.

moparstuart

is that possible an NOS quarter on the roof 

charger_fan_4ever

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: ws23rt on July 02, 2013, 08:07:16 PM

Looks like they painted the vinyl roof on .... so it looks more like a normal Charger.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

By the jambs, and darkened out hood area, maybe it is some other color than Red?

Stu, does he say?

Ghoste

moparstuart

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on July 03, 2013, 10:47:36 AM
Quote from: ws23rt on July 02, 2013, 08:07:16 PM

Looks like they painted the vinyl roof on .... so it looks more like a normal Charger.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

By the jambs, and darkened out hood area, maybe it is some other color than Red?

Stu, does he say?
F8 car  F8 interior and automatic  ,   i put a sale price on it of around 30k - 35 k with condition and color and automatic  .

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on July 03, 2013, 10:54:33 AM
He needs to clean the smudges off his lens.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  you can say that again  ,  i hope to get some pictures of it next week if it shows up in PA 

Ghoste

You look on his site and he seems to have a lot of pics all smeared like that.

Indygenerallee

Stu, That quarter on the roof looks exactly like how AMD box their full quarters. hard to tell though with the crappy pic.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

moparstuart

:2thumbs:
Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 03, 2013, 12:20:00 PM
Stu, That quarter on the roof looks exactly like how AMD box their full quarters. hard to tell though with the crappy pic.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: he states now it comes with some AMD metal

Got fender tag and Vin body numbers match... all is real. Comes with lots of Nos parts grille and complete motor which is 90% Nos parts... and he has amd body panels for it also...

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charger_fan_4ever

moparstuart

Ghoste

A worthwhile project for sure and that photo is clearer than the others.

WB General Lee

100K to restore unless you do it yourself. Then when you take it to someone it will sit for a year until you tow it to another shop. Not worth it at all.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: WB General Lee on July 05, 2013, 06:19:25 PM
100K to restore unless you do it yourself. Then when you take it to someone it will sit for a year until you tow it to another shop. Not worth it at all.

I'm sure whoever buys it will do it themselves. Guys with lots of $$ know its cheaper/easier to buy a turn key and that's what happens these days.

Car in question worst case 7-10k in metal,$5k paint materials,~3k interior, motor is all there and ready to assemble if i read it correctly. Then figures another 5k in drive train/suspension, 2k wheels/tires.

45 k for the car and 25k so lets say 35k to be safe.
If you got it for 35k you'd probably have it on the road for $70k if you do most of it yourself.

Only problem lots of time.

Cheapest hemi 500 i saw recently was the blue one on e bag last year for 98k. I think i read its getting redone again.

On FB book looks like he has lots of a body stuff. Dunno why he does not sell it all off and redo this 500.

ws23rt

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on July 05, 2013, 06:59:25 PM

I'm sure whoever buys it will do it themselves. Guys with lots of $$ know its cheaper/easier to buy a turn key and that's what happens these days.

Car in question worst case 7-10k in metal,$5k paint materials,~3k interior, motor is all there and ready to assemble if i read it correctly. Then figures another 5k in drive train/suspension, 2k wheels/tires.

If you got it for 35k you'd probably have it on the road for $70k if you do most of it yourself.

Only problem lots of time.

Cheapest hemi 500 i saw recently was the blue one on e bag last year for 98k. I think i read its getting redone again.

On FB book looks like he has lots of a body stuff. Dunno why he does not sell it all off and redo this 500.

You speak clearly about the much discussed topic. How much is it worth? Many threads seem to agree that this is not a business. It is a hobby.
It is true that those with money (not the fix it bug most of us have) don't want to pay the rates that skilled repair people are entitled to because it takes a lot of time to fix these cars.
On the other hand it is a bit depressing to have spent many hours working on something and than situations dictate a need to sell. The buyer that would not hire the work buys the car that we fixed.
Another aspect of this is the labor we invest has no value when a cost bases is required to establish capital gain at resale. We are obligated to pay about 15% on the gain above the initial cost. :eek2: That is a penalty for working for free.
I for one would love to have that car to fix but the bug I have for these cars is not enough anymore to fix it for free.
The restoration shops are a business so they can deduct their labor cost. The gov is in the way of our lives every where we turn.

WB General Lee

Good points don't forget the chrome to fix up plus whatever missing needed parts I am sure there are many. Always many hidden costs you find out in the process. Yes this is a do it yourself but like you say if you ever sell, the labor is lost because if there is a profit you owe Uncle Sam. I know it's a hobby but you want to at least break even instead of loosing.

Mytur Binsdirti

Your restoration figures are waaaaay low. I've spent more than your 35K estimate on my 68 Charger. Keep in mind that my body was already done & I've done nearly everything myself. You may ask where the dough went, but I've got every penny logged. A hundred here and another 200 there adds up to a thousand pretty quickly, and it just doesn't stop.

FJ5WING

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 06, 2013, 04:50:53 AM

Your restoration figures are waaaaay low. I've spent more than your 35K estimate on my 68 Charger. Keep in mind that my body was already done & I've done nearly everything myself. You may ask where the dough went, but I've got every penny logged. A hundred here and another 200 there adds up to a thousand pretty quickly, and it just doesn't stop.

:punkrocka: You nailed it Mytur, Im in really deep and my car was virtually rust free...almost ZERO metal work! In a restoration every piece has to be either restored or NOS or repop. Theres a lot of hours not including the price of the objects youre putting the hours into, then if you bought it off the web now add shipping. God forbid you need a one year only or aero car specific part because the sellers know it and youre not getting it for peanuts.
I started out attempting OE Gold but that was quickly dashed when after about half the required parts took so much of the budget it dashed any hopes of that. Now its just going to be a good restoration with a few repop parts because my wallet couldn't take it.
wingless now, but still around.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 06, 2013, 04:50:53 AM

I believe you, but yours is a 100% oem correct resto right ?

I was not figuring on a 100% oem restoration as we all know those restos cost double what the car is worth in todays day and age. $500 nos spark plug wires,and 100 % date coded parts were not in my calculation :P

If you saw the rust pile my 70 r/t was when I started. I have all the metal work done and a new interior,vinyl top,engine,repro trim,bumper ect and with purchase price i'm at 25k.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on July 06, 2013, 11:33:23 AM

I believe you, but yours is a 100% oem correct resto right ?

I was not figuring on a 100% oem restoration as we all know those restos cost double what the car is worth in todays day and age. $500 nos spark plug wires,and 100 % date coded parts were not in my calculation :P

If you saw the rust pile my 70 r/t was when I started. I have all the metal work done and a new interior,vinyl top,engine,repro trim,bumper ect and with purchase price i'm at 25k.

My car is all stock & is very, very nice, but I decided not to go the route of NOS date coded everything. Have you gone through a complete front end lately? If you purchase quality parts and go the full route, it's not hard to spend close to $1,500.00-$1,800.00 for everything, including complete brakes & steering gearbox rebuild. And we're not talking NOS date coded pieces here.

ws23rt

Those that are going for 100% oem correct know they will never see the return on their investment. If they don't than someone needs to pull them
aside and have a chat about waking thought vs dreaming thought.
I see that pursuit as like a dog show. It is for the trophy and bragging rights. (well the dogs get old and die but :shruggy:)
For us 95% ers we just want something like new or better to enjoy, drive, and show cause we like these things.
Now if someone comes along and wants to enjoy our car in their driveway they should pay for that like we did when we made it like it is.
So now I'm dreaming :P

Ghoste

moparstuart

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

69_500

Stu I looked for it today but did not see it. Will have to get over there tomorrow.

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn:

moparstuart

Danny             ROW I  like space 29 maybe   ???

very rough car

charger_fan_4ever

What does the underneath look like ? crispy rails ? springs through the trunk ?