News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BugShield on the road to recovery.

Started by Bug shield C500, July 02, 2013, 12:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remta1

69 OUR/TEA

Love the green/green with white stripe !!!!!! :drool5: :drool5: Rocker molding car huh ???  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

love it with the white painted wheels  ,  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Bug shield C500 on July 02, 2013, 01:24:36 AM
This is the pile of gravel that came down on me as I removed the tank.

:hah:

That's funny. 

Great car you have there, as we have visited before, I would keep it as original as possible and drive it. 

I forgot it was a rocker molding car, that I think looks nice on dark colored cars..   :drool5:

tan top

wondered whats been happening  :yesnod:  , them floors look awesome   :2thumbs:   love the look of the white steel wheels too , 
looking forward to seeing more pictures & up dates ,   :cheers: :cheers: :popcrn: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

70Sbird

That car looks really solid!
Good luck with the project, the Bug Shield is kinda growing on me. I remember those from back when they were a popular accessory, along with plastic seatcovers!

Scott Faulkner

Aero426

Quote from: Bug shield C500 on July 02, 2013, 01:22:25 AM
Amazing, clean tank with no rust or scale. just a few rocks that came down from around the tank when I removed it. The second owners told me story's of flying down the gravel roads 100+ mph back in the day.... "WOW"
Check out the dents on the front of the tank. Funny thing is that I bought a new tank to put in because I thought for sure it was trash. But since this one isn't rusty back in it goes.

If you have a new tank on hand and the old one is already out, install the new one.   It is a big time hassle saver.    There has to be some silt and crap inside the old tank even though it is not rusty.  

JB400

Welcome back to the forum :cheers:  Your car is in incredible condition for being all original. :drool5:  I have to disagree with Fred (one of the few times :icon_smile_big:) I'd leave the bug shield on it.  As big of an eyesore that it is, it's a unique part of the history of the car.  Makes it cool in my book, along with the white wheels.  The shield is not something I'll add to mine though.  Looking forward to seeing more of this car in the future :popcrn: :popcrn:

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on July 02, 2013, 09:52:45 PM
Welcome back to the forum :cheers:  Your car is in incredible condition for being all original. :drool5:  I have to disagree with Fred (one of the few times :icon_smile_big:) I'd leave the bug shield on it.  As big of an eyesore that it is, it's a unique part of the history of the car.  Makes it cool in my book, along with the white wheels.  The shield is not something I'll add to mine though.  Looking forward to seeing more of this car in the future :popcrn: :popcrn:

How dare you! Go stand in the corner with your hands behind your back at once.   :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Scaregrabber

Dodge Boy

Bug shield C500

The bug shield sure did save the front of the hood, easy enough to snap on for shows at least.
The car came stock with the Mag type hubcaps which look o.k but 'yes' I like the white painted wheels a lot better. The picture shows 15 x 8 all around but I would probably do 15 x 7 up front and just the 8's in the rear. We will see, first I need to get the motor out and clean it up.

1969 charger 500 bugshield addition
1970 cuda 446-6 hole in the hood
1973 charger se 400
1973 sportman van 12 passanger (wife hates this one)

Bug shield C500

Thanks everyone for the great comments. I will keep the pictures coming over the next few weeks. Happy 4th to everyone!!!
1969 charger 500 bugshield addition
1970 cuda 446-6 hole in the hood
1973 charger se 400
1973 sportman van 12 passanger (wife hates this one)

maxwellwedge

I am about the sickest person out there when it comes to survivors - and yours is very nice..........but do yourself a favor and remove the hood (mark the bolt locations with masking tape). Your odds of damaging stuff with the hood in the way are far greater than trying to save the paint on and around the 4 bolts. Always store a hood on its side - not on the "points". Besides - many, many survivors have had their hoods, doors and decklids adjusted by the dealership when they were still new.  :cheers:

Highbanked Hauler

WOW Congrats man you have a gold piece there !!! :yesnod:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

surmanajaja

love that car. especially the front seat and column shift

JB400

Quote from: Fred on July 02, 2013, 10:15:43 PM
Welcome back to the forum :cheers:  Your car is in incredible condition for being all original. :drool5:  I have to disagree with Fred (one of the few times :icon_smile_big:) I'd leave the bug shield on it.  As big of an eyesore that it is, it's a unique part of the history of the car.  Makes it cool in my book, along with the white wheels.  The shield is not something I'll add to mine though.  Looking forward to seeing more of this car in the future :popcrn: :popcrn:

How dare you! Go stand in the corner with your hands behind your back at once.   :lol:
Can I come out now? :smilielol:  I'll behave, maybe

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on July 05, 2013, 08:21:00 PM
Quote from: Fred on July 02, 2013, 10:15:43 PM
Welcome back to the forum :cheers:  Your car is in incredible condition for being all original. :drool5:  I have to disagree with Fred (one of the few times :icon_smile_big:) I'd leave the bug shield on it.  As big of an eyesore that it is, it's a unique part of the history of the car.  Makes it cool in my book, along with the white wheels.  The shield is not something I'll add to mine though.  Looking forward to seeing more of this car in the future :popcrn: :popcrn:

How dare you! Go stand in the corner with your hands behind your back at once.   :lol:
Can I come out now? :smilielol:  I'll behave, maybe

So sorry, I forgot.  Yes you can.  :yesnod:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.