News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Converting from bench to buckets 71 Charger ?s

Started by chargersb71, June 29, 2013, 10:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargersb71

How hard is it and what is needed besides bucket seats to convert from a bench seat to bucket seat in a 1971 Charger 4speed?  Not having much luck finding finding original bucket seats.  I have no problem using after market seats tho.  If anyone has done this and you know what seats out of what vehicles would work for my Charger I would appreciate the info. If not if could just give me the width of your bucket seats that would help a lot.   Thanx

hemihead

To do it right you will need floor reinforcement plates , 8 seat spacers . Seats from a 71-74 Charger , Road Runner , Satellite . I think the Seat belts are different also .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

ACUDANUT

I have done this a Dozen times.  I prefer GM seats. I use no spacers and the seats usually come from a 90's thur 2000 Grand Prix, grand Am or Blazer. You will need to drill new holes and add support brackets (metal) to the sheet metal under the car for the brackets. :2thumbs: