News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake Distribution blocks

Started by dodge604charger, June 30, 2013, 11:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodge604charger

I just put disc brakes on the front of my 68 charger and kept the rear drums. I bought all new stock brake lines and am looking for a distribution block that will split my front n rear brakes does any company make one.. The car was originally a 4 wheel drum car. Can i use the block that came with the drums, was a dual master cylinder car. Just looking for something that will bolt right up with no brake line bending. Thanks

twodko

There will be brake system bleeding involved. Whoever you bought the disc brake kit from should have the D block you need for their kit and drum brakes. You might need a new MC/booster too. Gotta do these conversion as a whole so every thing works together. :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

dodge604charger

Got everything just need the block to divide the fluid where it needs to go

Dino

The front distribution block needs to be replaced with a combo valve as you now need a metering valve and prop valve.  You can no longer use a plain distribution block up front, only on the rear axle.  I use the GM universal style, or better yet will be using it. 

You will also need a 10# residual valve on your rear brake line.

http://www.piratejack.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10&Itemid=17

Look on Pirate Jack's site, they have the mopar combo valve but you'll pay 2-3 times the amount of the GM valve.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.