News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Disc Brake Conversion Done - Dist block issue

Started by cougs, July 01, 2013, 04:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cougs

Finished installing a Performance Online disc brake swap and controls arms over the weekend.  Everything went well and the car stops much better even though it is still manual.  The clearance with 14" aftermarket mags was close...so close that I can't run the small tape weights in the wheels as they hit the calipers.  Also, this brake kit pushed my front wheels out about an inch and I had to jack up the torsion bars to avoid rubbing with my offset rims.  I'm keeping my rims so I'll just need to deal with it. 

The problem I'm having is with the proportioning valve.  We had to hook it up in the rear line before the distribution block which is now causing the light to go on during hard braking.  We didn't hook it up after the block because the line to the rear axle is the metal "wrapped" type of line and I couldn't splice into it to put in the valve.  What's everybody else doing on this?

Here's a pic!
1968 Charger 383/727  Restored to Stock!

John_Kunkel

Not only is the displaced spool in the distribution block setting off the warning light, it might be interrupting the flow of fluid.

The wire wrapped line isn't a big issue, just use a pair of dikes to snip the wire in a couple of places and grab a wire end with a pair of pliers and pull it off.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

cougs

We ended up putting it in the rear line near the rear axle.  It seems to work well there.  Everything went well with this conversion.  I would recommend it if you are looking for something inexpensive and that works with 14" aftermarket rims. 
1968 Charger 383/727  Restored to Stock!