News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help please! Creaking and shaking.

Started by elauren, June 25, 2013, 03:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elauren

Hi everyone! I joined this because I have been trying so solve my problem for over 6 months, and no one seems to know what's wrong with my 2008 Charger. For about 6 months I have had a very loud creaking noise when I turn in either direction at low speeds (when I turn in a parking lot or into the garage). ALSO- When I brake at high speeds my whole car shakes. At first I was told it was warped rotors, so I had my brakes and rotors replaced (and new tires), and that helped the shaking, but not the creaking when I turn. I took it back and they said it was the tie rods making that noise, so I had those replaced. Then about a 2 months ago my brakes started squeaking so I had them replaced AGAIN (they didn't know why they were squeaking so soon). After I had my brakes done again the creaking has gotten consistently worse. I don't know much about cars and would really appreciate any suggestions! I have read other posts that say it could be bushings, power steering and about a million other things and I am getting extremely frustrated. I would love some info before I go back to the dealer AGAIN.

Thank you!

JB400

Has anyone checked your wheel bearings? :popcrn:  It could be that your bearings are loose or shot and allowing the rotors to ride up against the brakes, wearing them out.   It might also explain the shakes and shimmies.  

Hard Charger

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on June 25, 2013, 03:14:54 PM
Has anyone checked your wheel bearings? :popcrn:  It could be that your bearings are loose or shot and allowing the rotors to ride up against the brakes, wearing them out.   It might also explain the shakes and shimmies.  

this is what I would say also,
my replacement hub bearing is shot after 80k miles and taking a corner is causing the brakes to squeal. Make sure you buy a good quality bearing or they will not last long.

elauren

Thank you for your help! I dropped it off this morning... we will see what they say! *fingers crossed*