News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cruising my 68 through San Francisco

Started by 36 Dodge Brothers, June 24, 2013, 12:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

Sweet video! Car sounds awesome

Quote from: 36 Dodge Brothers on June 25, 2013, 01:30:59 PM

I grew up driving next to the MUNI buses so no I was not nervous. If we have the Charger meet at Treasure Island this year maybe we can take a cruise through the city after.

Is there any talk of a cruise? if so, count me in.   :cheers:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

NYCMille

I'd be up for this as well... I'm in the East Bay.

tan top

:drool5: :coolgleamA:   awesome stuff , thanks for the Cruse  :yesnod: :2thumbs: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dans 68

Nice, Marco.  :2thumbs:  Makes me want to go out and fire mine up....  :yesnod:

Did you get the temperature gremlins fixed?

Lets plan the Treasure Island cruise a little later in the year. Dave and his bride will have to go, of course, even if he sells his '69. And we did do a cruise through S.F. a few years ago...Dave in his automatic and everyone else with sticks climbing the hills. Lots of tires spinning that day.  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

TPR

Hi Marco,
Are you still running the wheel and tyre combo you have in your signature image?
Tempted to do the same with mine. Would be great to see more pics if possible.
Cheers,
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

pullrock

I am in the South bay (San Jose) and would love to be part of your yearly Charger get together.

Thanks,

Eric 68 Charger R/T

36 Dodge Brothers

Quote from: Dans 68 on June 26, 2013, 05:44:13 AM
Nice, Marco.  :2thumbs:  Makes me want to go out and fire mine up....  :yesnod:

Did you get the temperature gremlins fixed?

Lets plan the Treasure Island cruise a little later in the year. Dave and his bride will have to go, of course, even if he sells his '69. And we did do a cruise through S.F. a few years ago...Dave in his automatic and everyone else with sticks climbing the hills. Lots of tires spinning that day.  ;)

Dan

Dan,

The stock gauge still reads at about 230° F when in traffic but the mechanical gauge reads about 195° F. As for Treasure Island later this year sounds good. I don't hit many hills the way I cruise through San Francisco.

Quote from: TPR on June 26, 2013, 05:57:16 AM
Hi Marco,
Are you still running the wheel and tyre combo you have in your signature image?
Cheers,
TPR

Yes I am still running that wheel combo. One thing though I lowered the car about 3" in Photoshop.

Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

Sublime/Sixpack

It's been over 10 years since I was in San Francisco. I recognized several locations in the video, thanks for the tour.  Nice Charger   :2thumbs:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

freddyd02

Lots of bay area people on here, I think Brock is in SF also. Lets make it happen!  :2thumbs:

TPR

Quote from: TPR on June 26, 2013, 05:57:16 AM
Hi Marco,
Cheers,
TPR

Yes I am still running that wheel combo. One thing though I lowered the car about 3" in Photoshop.

Yep. That's hitting the spot. Beautiful.
TPR
www.tr440.com

Polygon

I watched the whole video!!!!

Thanks!
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

PlainfieldCharger

What a great video and sound track.  :drool5: I think I might go out and pick me up one of the go pro cameras. Just WOW... :icon_smile_big:

pippo702

That's great man! I've been there in vacation several times and I love that city..and your car is amazing! thanks for sharing..

Fred

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on June 27, 2013, 10:50:20 AM
What a great video and sound track.  :drool5: I think I might go out and pick me up one of the go pro cameras. Just WOW... :icon_smile_big:

I plan on doing the same.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

67440chrg

Great video! Your car sounds great. Thank You !

fy469rtse

Loved the video , great locations , loved the futile atemps to be a good boy, I do the same thing , can't help but get on it every now and then , I have a question , you can say no if you want , would love to get you to pm to me at a hot mail account copy of the video, my autistic son loved it, one of his favorite things is to go cruising with me listening to music, sadly this car taking a lot longer and he is missing out, he has watched this several times and one of the few times I have seen a smile out of him , unfortunately my computer skills, I don't even know if I can down load or copy from this site , I would like to put it on his I pad

TPR

fy469rtse,
download this:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
then this:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/
open the YouTube link in the Firefox Browser, click on the 'download video helper' icon and choose a location on your computer where you want to save the video file
any video on the net is yours to keep.
TPR
www.tr440.com

lasvegas69charg

69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

36 Dodge Brothers

Quote from: fy469rtse on June 30, 2013, 05:53:45 AM
Loved the video , great locations , loved the futile atemps to be a good boy, I do the same thing , can't help but get on it every now and then , I have a question , you can say no if you want , would love to get you to pm to me at a hot mail account copy of the video, my autistic son loved it, one of his favorite things is to go cruising with me listening to music, sadly this car taking a lot longer and he is missing out, he has watched this several times and one of the few times I have seen a smile out of him , unfortunately my computer skills, I don't even know if I can down load or copy from this site , I would like to put it on his I pad

fy469rtse,

No problem. Just reply to my PM that I sent you and I will mail you a copy since the file is to large to email.

Regards,
Marco
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

remta1

rp23g7

Sweet video, my favorite town, met my wife there, I would live there if I could afford it.  About 12 min mark, you are passing a museum or something, where is that?

mopartybob

Palace of Fine Arts....as he's cruising down the road he's on Harding park drive,(the golf course), makes a right on Geary, then down to the Cliff House and into the parking lot at Ocean beach...before the Palace,he's cruising the backside of the Presidio,very,very scenic.....  I'll be doin the same cruise....very soon,  MPB
If life's a Highway,then your soul must be a car....

stephenlocke

If we have the Charger meet at Treasure Island this year maybe we can take a cruise through the city after.

Hey would love to get some info on this, just picked up a 69 R/T Track Pack Charger so let me know details :)

Dans 68

Quote from: stephenlocke on July 03, 2013, 12:26:28 PM
If we have the Charger meet at Treasure Island this year maybe we can take a cruise through the city after.

Hey would love to get some info on this, just picked up a 69 R/T Track Pack Charger so let me know details :)

It is a very informal cruise that a bunch of us do, in September or October, starting on Treasure Island and either motoring through the City, or heading over to Highway 1 for a cruise down to Santa Cruise for a nice lunch on the water. We'll do a bit more planning later in the year. All are welcome. There should be a lot of threads on past events.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

ChargerST

Nice video! I was wondering why you were driving so slow at around 9:20 - five seconds later I knew why  ;)