News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New addition to the family.....

Started by tcs69rt, June 23, 2013, 10:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcs69rt

The wife's PT Cruiser has 115K on it and my 01 Ram has 103K, it was time for something newer and reliable.....

I drove it 556 miles home, averaging 25.9 MPG on the highway in 6th gear @ 80 MPH = nice!
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69 OUR/TEA

Wow,556 miles with a pistol grip suicide shift !!!!!

lukedukem

Is that gold flake on the tank? Sweet

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

ws23rt

Quote from: tcs69rt on June 23, 2013, 10:33:40 AM
The wife's PT Cruiser has 115K on it and my 01 Ram has 103K, it was time for something newer and reliable.....

I drove it 556 miles home, averaging 25.9 MPG on the highway in 6th gear @ 80 MPH = nice!

They are great cars. I don't think you will regret buying it.

1974dodgecharger

and yet the charger (old school) still looks 'meaner' than the new challenger.  Everytime I pull up to a light and a 'modern muscle' car pulls up next to me I still get the looks and thumbs up over the new stuff. 

Nothing wrong with the new stuff its just made 'differently'  :cheers:

tcs69rt

I drove 556 miles home with it running 80 MPH @ 2000 RPM's = 25.9 MPG

I know how to drive it but it has alot of stuff on it that I have to figure out how to use, haha!

I got a 15 yr old, he will "educate me" on how to use the NAV, sync the phone and other things to program....

Bob T

Nice one tcs, you'll have some fun in that, cool  :2thumbs:

Man, it must be ''buy a Challenger week''  :lol: 2nd D.C. member to get one in the last few days
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Quote from: Bob T on June 24, 2013, 03:08:32 AM

Man, it must be ''buy a Challenger week''  :lol: 2nd D.C. member to get one in the last few days

Wish they were that readily available over here. 

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

TPR

Quote from: Fred on June 24, 2013, 03:13:03 AM

I'd buy one in a snap if we had them here. Great redesign of the classic. They cost a bomb to bring in and need converting to right hand drive.
Enjoy your new ride, looks beautiful.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Bob T

Quote from: TPR on June 24, 2013, 05:02:58 AM

I'd buy one in a snap if we had them here. Great redesign of the classic. They cost a bomb to bring in and need converting to right hand drive.

TPR

If they are under 20 years old and meet 4 out of 6 ''special vehical import'' rules, we dont have to convert them, mint  :2thumbs:. Pricy though, a few dealers are getting in on it now but cant offer warranties as the U.S. laws prohibit it to protect their franchise holders ( factory backed dealerships )
I'd buy one if I could afford it.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

Challenger week lol.   I didn't buy one but I was taking at a hard look at a couple Friday evening after work because I'll be needing a newer vehicle myself soon.

Bob T

Quote from: Ghoste on June 24, 2013, 07:15:09 AM
Challenger week lol.   I didn't buy one but I was taking at a hard look at a couple Friday evening after work because I'll be needing a newer vehicle myself soon.

:lol: I sense a test drive and a new thread with "A funny thing happened at the auction today"  coming right up :icon_smile_big:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JB400

Quote from: Bob T on June 24, 2013, 12:35:07 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on June 24, 2013, 07:15:09 AM

:lol: I sense a test drive and a new thread with "A funny thing happened at the auction today"  coming right up :icon_smile_big:
I think once he gets his affairs in order, this will probably be more of a reality

Fred

Quote from: Bob T on June 24, 2013, 06:53:28 AM
Quote from: TPR on June 24, 2013, 05:02:58 AM

TPR

If they are under 20 years old and meet 4 out of 6 ''special vehical import'' rules, we dont have to convert them, mint  :2thumbs:. Pricy though, a few dealers are getting in on it now but cant offer warranties as the U.S. laws prohibit it to protect their franchise holders ( factory backed dealerships )
I'd buy one if I could afford it.

Ok, but as this would be a daily driver I really would prefer it to be RHD and that alone costs a packet and a half. Too stupid!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

It was at a dealership.  Sorry Bob.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

projectanimal

Very nice addition to the family!!!  :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs:
the new chargers have been growing on me and may have to be added at some point in the future!!    :cheers:
northwest CT

tcs69rt

No offense to any new Charger owners but I cannot get into a 4-door Charger. I looked them over, drove one too.

My narrow minded reasons are that they never made a 4-door Mustang or Camaro....so why a 4-door Charger?

I'm sorry but Dodge fell on their face with that one!  :brickwall:

I think they should have called it something else besides Charger.

tcs69rt

They are definately 2 different machines. 42 year difference in technology. The really ugly part is driving the Challenger 6-speed all day, then coming home and driving the wife's 5-speed PT Cruiser....huge difference, haha! Note the X of vapor trails in the sky....kinda cool.

RIDELIKEHELL

I'd love to buy a new Chally! Nice Cars  :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

tcs69rt

The 1955 Vespa 125cc 3-speed is a rare fenderlight model that I bought in Italy when I retired from the USAF in 2006. I rebuilt the 2 stroke motor with an Italian shop before bringing it back, now I am stripping it down for a winter resto project, lost of body work! I like it because it not like the common Vespa with the headlight & speedo between the handlebars. Sorry, it's a keeper, not for sale. Thanks! TC