News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

saggy headliner sail panels in '68 R/T

Started by lloyd3, June 21, 2013, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

New headliner isn't what I had hoped it would be. Is there a way to tighten up the areas around the sail panels?

Dino

You can use double sided carpet tape to stick the headliner to the sail panels but a few pictures to see what it looks like would help.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

lloyd3

It's already been "professionally" installed and looks like crap.  I'd guess that we're past the carpet tape option.  I'd heard that wetting it and then using a blow-dryer can help to get it to shrink.  Ever heard of that one?

Dino

Quote from: lloyd3 on June 21, 2013, 02:03:55 PM
It's already been "professionally" installed and looks like crap.  I'd guess that we're past the carpet tape option.  I'd heard that wetting it and then using a blow-dryer can help to get it to shrink.  Ever heard of that one?

Yes but if it's professionally installed and you don't like it then they should redo it, no?

Steam softens the material bu you don't want to use steam and wt the inside of the roof so take a sponge and gently wet the headliner, then take a hair dryer and keep it moving, don't get too close.  If it's hot on your hand then it will ruin the liner.

lloyd3

Sadly, my "professional" is 72 and fading fast.  He should have told me what he could and couldn't do anymore, but....

I'm pretty-much on my own here now.  Once he clears surgery and recovers a little, I might challenge him on some of the problems he left me with, but I'm not holding my breath.  He did what he could to get me my car; there are about 20-other cars in his shop that will never see the light of day again. Not assembled, anyway.

Dino

Quote from: lloyd3 on June 21, 2013, 02:26:55 PM
Sadly, my "professional" is 72 and fading fast.  He should have told me what he could and couldn't do anymore, but....

I'm pretty-much on my own here now.  Once he clears surgery and recovers a little, I might challenge him on some of the problems he left me with, but I'm not holding my breath.  He did what he could to get me my car; there are about 20-other cars in his shop that will never see the light of day again. Not assembled, anyway.

Ouch

If you can post some pictures I may be able to give you some more clear advice.