News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best place to get B body console wood grain from?

Started by resq302, June 24, 2013, 12:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

I had picked up some new console wood grain decals for my charger last year and never had a chance to put them on. I just went to put them on today after finding them again in the mess that I call my garage and notice that they had shrunk big time on the adhesive backing! They were easily 1/4" off (short) now and obviously won't be going onto my car. Is there any company out there who makes a correct cut console wood grain kit? I thought I had heard that there was someone other than REM but I can't remember who.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Dino

I think they all shrink, that's why they are cut larger than they should be.  Once installed they won't shrink and you can trim the edges.  As long as you install it shortly after it arrives it'll be fine. 

Have you tried warming up the one you have now?  It's too short so nothing to lose right?  Remove the backing and lay the sticker down on a hard and flat surface sticky side up.  Use a metal weight on each corner to keep it down.  The adhesive won't suffer from the metal.

Put marks on the backing to indicate the current size.  Let it warm in the sun or grab a hair dryer and go over it, be sure to keep it moving.  If it enlarges you'll be able to tell by the markings you made.  If it workes then you have about 10 minutes to get it in place.  Once stuck down it'll keep its size.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

resq302

thanks.  I finally found the thread that had which company it was and then had to get some sleep for work tonight.  Order has been placed with them!   :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ODZKing

There is a thread somewhere here, I did my 73 console with "Tropical Walnut". 
Yes, you can buy one roll for something like 6 or 7 bucks.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Con-Tact-Creative-Covering-18-in-x-24-ft-Tropical-Walnut-Multipurpose-Shelf-Liner-6-Per-Pack-24F-C9F88-06/202499904
Sku is 464047 model # 24f-c9f88-06
With one roll you could do the whole car.

resq302

True but I'd like it to be the correct color and have the lines like the real wood does just like the factory did.
Brian