News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopars vs Buicks local race event. 56k warning. Lot's 'o pics

Started by TheGhost, August 06, 2005, 08:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

This was the first year they ran it as Mopars vs Buicks.  Previously, it had just been Buicks.  There were a total of 18 Buicks, and 6 Mopars, that competed for the jackpot.  The Mopars were a 73 Dart Sport, 2 73 Dusters, a 68 Charger, a 70 Challenger T/A, and a 71 Challenger R/T.  One of the 73 Dusters got 3rd, due to a redlight.  The 71 R/T got 2nd, losing by a hair to an 84 Buick Regal.

In between the events races, they allowed other people to time trial their cars, so there were alot of fast cars there.

Now for the pics.

This Valiant was a fast little car, but, sadly, was only racing in the time trials runs, and did not participate in the Mopars vs Buicks event.  And, yes, that's my Dart behind it in the 2nd pic.

Now for the best part of the Valiant.  I wish my engine was that nice.

There were 3 cars in the semi finals.  The 84 Regal got the by, which made this race Mopar vs Mopar, between these cars.  The Duster redlighted.  I guess they wanted to make sure the final race wasn't between 2 Mopars. :lol:

This Duster also was not part of the event.  It only did time trials.

This Charger didn't even race.  I talked to the owner, and he plans on dropping in a 472 Crate HEMI next year.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Troy

Uh, you have to change all those [image] tags to say [img] or the pictures don't show.

Probably not very friendly for the dial-up folks though loading 480kb on one post.  :icon_smile_cool:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TheGhost

Oops.  This is why we need it to take us straight to the post after posting.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

BigBlackDodge

Troy

Quote from: Ghost on August 06, 2005, 08:45:15 PM
Oops. This is why we need it to take us straight to the post after posting.

Mine does. You need to set it in your Profile.
Go to "Look and Layout Preferences" in the menu on the left and then check the item that says "Return to topics after posting by default."

Troy

TruckDriver

:puke: This guy ruined this poor Charger. I don't even like the color. :rotz:

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Troy

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on August 06, 2005, 09:06:08 PM
:puke: This guy ruined this poor Charger. I don't even like the color. :rotz:

That may very well be the stock color...

Troy

Troy

TheGhost

Quote from: Troy on August 06, 2005, 08:57:19 PM
Quote from: Ghost on August 06, 2005, 08:45:15 PM
Oops. This is why we need it to take us straight to the post after posting.

Mine does. You need to set it in your Profile.
Go to "Look and Layout Preferences" in the menu on the left and then check the item that says "Return to topics after posting by default."

Troy

Aha.  Thanks.

Wakko

Those 4 door supercharged 3.8 Regals are crazy.  They'll do 13s easily and reliably.  Did the winning 84 Regal sport a turbocharger?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Old Moparz

Ghost, nice pics, thanks.

There's a small, but real die hard cult of slant six fans that make them things fast. I don't know if I'd ever hot rod a six, but the times they can achieve are impressive. I tried to talk one of my friends into doing it for his son's first car, a '68 Barracuda ragtop I sold him, but he's hell bent in swapping a 318 he has.

Hey Wakko, every time I watch your avatar my shins & knees hurt.  :icon_smile_big:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

tomonty

QuoteHey Wakko, every time I watch your avatar my shins & knees hurt.  icon_smile_big

Me too! I cringe everytime I see it :icon_smile_big:
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

TheGhost

Quote from: Wakko on August 06, 2005, 10:46:28 PM
Those 4 door supercharged 3.8 Regals are crazy.  They'll do 13s easily and reliably.  Did the winning 84 Regal sport a turbocharger?

Nope.  There were some Turbo Regals, and one GN, but, the winner was V-8 powered.