News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door Jamb Switches

Started by markbob, June 20, 2013, 08:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markbob

Hey all....

my 69 Coronet is well under way.....I have an issue with the door jamb switches....

the drivers side works fine, the pax side turns the dome light on regardless of whether the door is closed or not....I will have to check the switch for proper function.....

my problem is that each door has a hole in the jamb area and when the doors are closed, the jamb switches enter the door, preventing the door from compressing the switch...
I remember one of the doors had a small metal piece which was taped onto the door jamb....but what actually goes there to allow the switches to properly function?

any thoughts?

thanks,

Mark

Back N Black

Sound like someone had the wrong switches installed (too long) and that's why there is holes in the door. Should not be holes in the door.

bill440rt

Or, over the years it wore a hole in there. I've seen that as well.

Weld them up closed, they'll be fine.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce