News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Saying goodbye to the Yellow one

Started by Daytona Guy, June 18, 2013, 09:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

But it is going to a good home.

Dane

Ghoste

Still sad when you see that truck pull away though.  Good its going somewhere appreciative.

A383Wing

where's it goin?

am I not seeing a battery hold down in that pic?

Bryan

Daytona Guy

Quote from: A383Wing on June 18, 2013, 09:43:27 PM
where's it goin?

am I not seeing a battery hold down in that pic?

Bryan

I know, I never got one because the battery stayed down. It was not a good idea on my part, but was one of those things on the car that you let go and let go and forget about it, then it is gone. Oh well. I did not even think about it until you said it. It is a lower and wide profile battery that just stays still. I would prefer the hold downs at the bottom of the battery that you never see - like on my Suburban.

1970Moparmann

What part of the country (or world) is it going?

I always like seeing pictures of it..... What color code yellow is it?
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Daytona Guy

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 18, 2013, 09:54:54 PM
What part of the country (or world) is it going?

I always like seeing pictures of it..... What color code yellow is it?

2005 Mazda "lighting yellow". It is in person a very soft yellow. The paint calls for what the paint store called "baby poop". A golden brown that really tones down the yellow from being tooooo cheap looking. It is going to a good home back east where the SEC fan can still use this color for games days  :scratchchin: I will make this is thinker point.

Dane

JB400

Sad to see it go, but what were the other rides in the truck? :popcrn:  At least you still have the blue one to make some memories in :2thumbs:

Fred

Although I was in favour of keeping the yellow one at first, I believe you've mad the right choice with the blue. Still sad to see them split up as they looked so good side by side.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

Absolutely!  The blue one is the way to go.

Bob T

I reckoned Big Yellow wouldn't hang round for too long once the word got out to sell,
sharp looking car, would have liked to have put an offer in too, just not possible at the mo.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

hemi68charger

Looking forward to the reveal..........  :D  Better to let the new owner shine with pride.......  Yes Dane, it is going to a good home...........  :2thumbs:

I have to ask you Dane, how was the heat in the engine bay with headers? I've always wondered if ceramic coated headers would decrease the ambiant temperature of the engine compartment over the thick-walled exhaust manifolds...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

WINGIN IT

Stupid question, but where did you load that thing?
Looks like between a highway and an exit ramp  :o

That rig scares me too, it's like those double tractor trailers that sway back and forth on the highway.
Only this one is carrying hundreds of thousands worth of irreplaceable automobiles...

BigBlockSam

bye , bye . i like that yellow one a lot . :popcrn:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on June 19, 2013, 12:09:06 PM
bye , bye . i like that yellow one a lot . :popcrn:
break out the yellow paint then   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona Guy

Quote from: WINGIN IT on June 19, 2013, 07:58:25 AM

That rig scares me too, it's like those double tractor trailers that sway back and forth on the highway.
Only this one is carrying hundreds of thousands worth of irreplaceable automobiles...

Actually that was the most impressive transporter I have seen. I drove it on myself. All hydronic or air bagged that dropped it down. This lid can be raised and lowered.

It was loaded at the bottom of an on and off ramp - dead spot.

Ghoste

It looks to be much like the ones they use in the UK.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Daytona Guy on June 19, 2013, 12:12:10 PM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on June 19, 2013, 07:58:25 AM

Actually that was the most impressive transporter I have seen. I drove it on myself. All hydronic or air bagged that dropped it down. This lid can be raised and lowered.

It was loaded at the bottom of an on and off ramp - dead spot.

I'd be concerned with traffic whizzin' by on the left and right, especially when they get distracted at a bright yellow car with a wing , and a large black tricked out lookin' truck !

I've had a car  trailer unload on an empty shoulder before, plenty of room, and I still was paranoid someone was going to come along and clip me, the car , or the transporter.

No need to worry now though, off she goes  ;)

hotrod98

My bird was transported from Seattle to Arkansas on an old worn out transporter. I'm surprise it made it at all.
Hope the new owner enjoys your car, Dane, as I'm sure he or she will.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69charger2002

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 19, 2013, 07:19:38 AM
Looking forward to the reveal..........  :D  Better to let the new owner shine with pride.......  Yes Dane, it is going to a good home...........  :2thumbs:

I have to ask you Dane, how was the heat in the engine bay with headers? I've always wondered if ceramic coated headers would decrease the ambiant temperature of the engine compartment over the thick-walled exhaust manifolds...........

:cheers:

I tend to think it's going to a good home!   :woohoo:

Should be here in a week. It's going to be a LONG week waiting for it to arrive. Thanks again Dane for everything I know you put tons of hours into it, and i can't wait to drive it.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

moparstuart

Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 19, 2013, 03:21:54 PM

Should be here in a week. It's going to be a LONG week waiting for it to arrive. Thanks again Dane for everything I know you put tons of hours into it, and i can't wait to drive it.
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:   two wings in the stable now   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on June 19, 2013, 03:24:48 PM
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:   two wings in the stable now  

Tada !!!!! We have owner......

Oh wait a minute........... How come Trav isn't a "snob"? ....... He's more of a winged snob than I now..............  :smilielol:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

WINGIN IT

Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 19, 2013, 03:21:54 PM

Cornering the market on winged things now are we?  :lol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGIN IT on June 19, 2013, 03:33:54 PM
Cornering the market on winged things now are we?  :lol:

He's trying to catch up with Doug and Carol along with Jim M.
Troy

A383Wing

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 19, 2013, 01:54:16 PM
My bird was transported from Seattle to Arkansas on an old worn out transporter. I'm surprise it made it at all.
Hope the new owner enjoys your car, Dane, as I'm sure he or she will.

Hey hotrod, I sent ya a PM...I think I got pics of yer car from 2003 here

Bryan

hemi68charger

Oh yeah Trav, you're DB x 2......   :nana:
Troy