News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door handles

Started by Dino, June 18, 2013, 08:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Are there any mopars that have the same door handles as a 69?  I saw a rough D150 today and the handles looked a lot like mine.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JB400

Are you talking about the inside or the outside door handles? :popcrn:

Dino

Ah yes, small detail.   :icon_smile_big:

Outside.

Ghoste

Coronet, Belvedere and Satellite are the same but it wouldn't surprise me if truck ones were too.

kab69440

The truck handles will bolt on and function as intended. The machining on the skin side however does not match the curvature of the B body sheetmetal. You end up with a slight gap at the bottom of the pushbutton bezel.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

charger Downunder

Quote from: kab69440 on June 18, 2013, 08:40:20 PM
The truck handles will bolt on and function as intended. The machining on the skin side however does not match the curvature of the B body sheetmetal. You end up with a slight gap at the bottom of the pushbutton bezel.
I learnt that the hard way bought a set of mopar ones not happy with the gap, got my original ones rechromed.
[/quote]

ODZKing

Yes, depending on if you have the black button or chrome diecast button.
Black - 2862972-3
Chrome - 3454390-1 ... these are still available through Chrysler as they were used up through the new Ram body style on trucks.
Mopar Parts America has them as well (which is Chrysler on line)
Part Number    3454390/3454391
Part Name    HANDLE FRONT DOOR
MSRP    $117.00
Core    $0.00
Online Price    $100.97
Bsse is the same and if you have the black button they are easy to swap.

Dino

Too bad about the gap.  These things are $45/pair brand new.

ODZKing

That's each!   :o
I had the same issues with the first gen handles.  They were OK but not perfect so I had my handles rechromed and they were much better.

Dino

Quote from: ODZKing on June 19, 2013, 09:51:23 AM
That's each!   :o
I had the same issues with the first gen handles.  They were OK but not perfect so I had my handles rechromed and they were much better.

Nope, per pair 

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/exterior-door-handles/Dodge/D150-Truck/1ADHS00101/379015/1984?utm_campaign=gb_api_br&year=1984&utm_content=DHS&gclid=CO-EnsWv8LcCFaVFMgodqWgA9w

AND free shipping!

Troy

As mentioned, the Mopar dealer parts are for the truck so there will be a gap. I also remember something about the mechanism inside needing to be swapped with your original. The best fitting (as far as I know) are the repros from Dale's Cuda Shop.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dino

Quote from: Troy on June 19, 2013, 10:34:11 AM
As mentioned, the Mopar dealer parts are for the truck so there will be a gap. I also remember something about the mechanism inside needing to be swapped with your original. The best fitting (as far as I know) are the repros from Dale's Cuda Shop.

Troy

I see the b body handles on sale from time to time around $70 which is pretty good, but I'm all for saving more money! 

projectanimal

interesting timing with this thread...  I was hooking up the linkage and had to adjust the bars to make them fit properly, and then noticed the bottom of the handle is not touching the door... :scratchchin:  I think we may live with it since I have the rods all adjusted, but something for the future to switch out!!   :rotz:
northwest CT

bill440rt

Best repros I've heard were from Trim Parts, these may be the ones that Dale's is selling as well. I got mine by Trim Parts from Herb's.
Still, around the push button they are still a little "squared off" looking compared to originals.
I have a decent stockpile of used originals, I may have a set rechromed just in case.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bull

As mentioned, the Mopar dealer parts are for the truck so there will be a gap.

Troy

Except some people crank them down trying to get rid of the gap and end up bending the sheet metal.

Troy

Quote from: bull on June 19, 2013, 09:28:36 PM
As mentioned, the Mopar dealer parts are for the truck so there will be a gap.

Troy

Except some people crank them down trying to get rid of the gap and end up bending the sheet metal.
Well, yeah, that is an option too... ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.