News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-69 front seat back boards

Started by fy469rtse, June 18, 2013, 06:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

What has everyone else one hen reupholstering seats, mine are missing, I remember on my 68 charger they had a couple of screws to the under side bottom edge, ? What else am I missing  photos are always great, and where do you get reproduction boards

bill440rt

Any of the upholstery places will have the boards: Legendary, Dante's, etc.
They attach with screws on the bottom, and clips on the top which are like little "fingers" that grab the top in place inside the seat frame. Those are the hard part, because you have to re-use your original clips. I am not aware of anyone making them at the moment.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger-Bodie

I like the plastic repops. Just cover them with vinyl and they look great.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

They make repros out of plastic too, Brian??  :o
I didn't know that.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bill440rt on June 18, 2013, 07:13:38 AM
They make repros out of plastic too, Brian??  :o
I didn't know that.

Yep, I have them in both of my Chargers. They fit great and hold their shape too. Here is a link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251272654967?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_119wt_919
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

66FBCharger

Do they come with any clips needed to attach it to the seat backs?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 66FBCharger on June 18, 2013, 11:33:34 AM
Do they come with any clips needed to attach it to the seat backs?

Yes. They come ready to install,or you can cover them with vinyl which I prefer.

jaak

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 18, 2013, 07:07:27 AM
I like the plastic repops. Just cover them with vinyl and they look great.

X2. I'm glad I bought mine...they are really nice parts.

Jason

fy469rtse

thanks guys for your help as usual , cant seem to find them on that link though

john108