News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone sell the 68 grill Charger script emblem besides Herb's?

Started by bull, June 17, 2013, 02:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

A383Wing

Mega Parts?
BE&A?
Year One? <--(not that I would buy from them anyway)

bull

Quote from: A383Wing on June 17, 2013, 02:45:51 PM
Mega Parts?
BE&A?
Year One? <--(not that I would buy from them anyway)

I checked Megaparts but not BEA. And Y1, well, I agree. Probably won't bother...

Ghoste

What about Chrysler?  They offer a surprising number of emblems don't they?

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on June 17, 2013, 05:51:46 PM
What about Chrysler?  They offer a surprising number of emblems don't they?

Good suggestion. I found a part number from an old Ebay auction and called them with it. After a bit of digging they told me there's 3 in the Portland area. :2thumbs: It was $32 and change (less than any reproduction seller), it has been ordered and will arrive on Wed. I sure hope it's the right one. :shruggy:

Not sure if it's just my local Dodge dealer but for a long time they didn't want to bother fooling with the old part numbers. Maybe they've updated their system, maybe their attitudes are better, maybe I've softened them up, I don't know, but they have finally gotten to the point where they're willing to make an effort to look for the old stuff these days. Of course today the parts lady I called at Dodge said "good luck with that" when I told her I wanted to run a part number from 1968 but when she punched it in the computer took it, superceded it twice and we got a hit.

Charger-Bodie

The one Chrysler lists is the sail panel emblem , atleast it was the last time I tried. The emblem is the same size,just different pins. Hope it works out,but if it don't the 46 .oo is as cheap as I've seen them.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 17, 2013, 07:34:50 PM
The one Chrysler lists is the sail panel emblem , atleast it was the last time I tried. The emblem is the same size,just different pins. Hope it works out,but if it don't the 46 .oo is as cheap as I've seen them.

That's what I'm wondering. Her computer basically said 'emblem' with zero description otherwise so who knows what will show up.

However, I believe the roof emblem part # is 2841886 and the grill emblem part # is 2786772, which is the number I gave her.

Ghoste

If that's the case then I'm betting it's going to be the sail panel one.

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

bull

Quote from: Dino on June 19, 2013, 12:27:13 PM
Are they the same as 69 emblems or are the studs in a different location?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-69-Charger-Grille-Emblem-NEW-/400502270677?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5d3fcbaad5#ht_91wt_722

I believe they switched to two-stud emblems for the grill in 69, like the roof emblems.

Quote from: Ghoste on June 18, 2013, 07:04:17 PM
If that's the case then I'm betting it's going to be the sail panel one.

Yup, you guys were right. :'( Chrysler supercedes P/N 2786772 (grill emblem) to P/N 2841886 (roof emblem). Dummies.

bull

46 .oo is as cheap as I've seen them.

Penstar.net supposedly has them for $35. Again, we'll see.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bull on June 19, 2013, 06:19:48 PM

I mean for the grille emblem.btw the 69 grille emblem is smaller .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

A383Wing

I thought the 69 script was smaller, but I didn't wanna open my mouth and prove I was stoopider than everyone here thinks I am already

Bryan

bull

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 19, 2013, 08:28:07 PM

Yeah, that's what I meant too. Penstar lists the grill emblem for $35.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bull on June 19, 2013, 08:34:01 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 19, 2013, 08:28:07 PM

Yeah, that's what I meant too. Penstar lists the grill emblem for $35.

Wow. That's a good price.

bull

If it's legit. And based on my experience with Dodge today I won't be holding my breath.

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dino on June 20, 2013, 06:49:08 AM
I wonder what the $32 grille emblem is.

good question , that page is full of errors. as is 68-69 arrow emblem with pins. the 69 ones have tiny screws from behind.....

Ghoste

Who would have thought a simple grille emblem could get so complicated.

ODZKing

Your #s are correct Bull - For reference

bull

Quote from: Dino on June 20, 2013, 06:49:08 AM
I wonder what the $32 grille emblem is.

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 20, 2013, 08:05:09 AM
good question , that page is full of errors. as is 68-69 arrow emblem with pins. the 69 ones have tiny screws from behind.....

I'm thinking the $32 "grill emblem" is the red and black penant emblem but Penstar won't answer their phone so I can ask.

bull

So far I'm not impressed with Penstar Restorations. Called them once on Wednesday and left a message, twice on Thursday and left a message and four times today. Finally someone answered the phone and verified the grill emblem numbers but couldn't tell me if they have 68 tail panel emblems. He took my name and number and said he'd call me back if/when he found them and then he apparently closed up shop and went home without getting back to me.

Has anyone else dealt with Penstar?

ODZKing

Quote from: bull on June 21, 2013, 09:17:27 PM
Has anyone else dealt with Penstar?
At Carlisle.  Not impressed with their customer service there either.

Ghoste

Really?  I've bought stuff off of them at swap meets and didn't think they were that bad. :shruggy: