News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiper switch - can't get pin back in

Started by TonyN, June 17, 2013, 10:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyN

Hello all...I am not certain of the nomenclature, so I will say for this note 'switch' is the chrome thing that you press with your thumb, where 'assembly' is the part attached to the dash with all the wiring connections, etc.

So, I am putting a new switch on my wiper assembly.

Using some guidelines from this forum, I learned to use a small punch to hammer the pin out. No problem, got it out.

My problem is getting the pin back in.

The tab that comes out of the assembly, where the pin should go through is recessed into the assembly. I can pull it out manually, but I have no way of doing that when I have the switch on and trying to put the pin back in.

Is there a trick to keeping that tab 'out', or is there something I am missing?

I am attaching two pics. Hoping the first one is clear enough.

Thanks,

TN

A383Wing

I think I had to take the black portion off of mine to fix it..it was so long ago, I really can't remember

Bryan

K9COP

Hey Tony, check the 'cluster restoration' sticky. I have a vague recollection that lilwendal (the author) covered the restoration of each component of the dash in separate postings. Maybe find some good info there.

CS
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

TonyN

Bryan, you were correct, sir. The backing had to come off. All good now, onto the dimmer switch!

And thanks CS for the referral...I am using that thread a lot.

A383Wing