News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Capillary Tube Fix

Started by Calif240, June 16, 2013, 11:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

I did a search and can't find anything newer than '10. Is anyone out there selling or fixing capillary tubes for the AC units? Mine was broken and I've been able to fix everything else or have re-built from Classic-Auto Air. Everything looks great, so I'm wondering if I have any options with the capillary tube? I've read the system will operate without, but I'd like to get it to work if possible...
Thanks,
Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

Pete in NH

Hi,

Can you give us a little more information on the car and system you're working on? What year and is it the original Chrysler system or an aftermarket system? The only capillary tube I'm aware of on the original systems is on the expansion valve assembly. If that's the one your talking about I believe you would just replace the expansion valve. A photo would be a big help.

Calif240

1969 original AC unit. This is the capillary tube that runs from the bottom of the Heat/AC box up to the valve on the firewall. It controls the temperature at the AC/Heater. Mine broke when removing the AC box as it was already bent. I'll try to snap a picture
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

Pete in NH

Okay, I think I've got it now. I think you're talking about the heater water control valve. That's not technically part of the A/C system as far as the refrigerant part goes. I really don't know if they can be repaired as I've never seen anything about that. Perhaps someone else here has experience with that control valve. You might have to replace the whole valve assembly.

A383Wing

mine broke as well, I just left it broke..system worked fine without that little tube

Bryan