News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B Body Power Steering Box install

Started by cudaken, June 16, 2013, 06:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

OK, I am pretty darn sure there is not a easy way to do this, but I will ask anyway.  :rofl:

Car in question is my 68 Road Runner, current motor is a 383 with Hooker Super Comp Headers.

Any tips besides pulling the motor? My guess in the long run, that will be the easy way!

Cuda Ken
I am back

NHCharger

When we replaced the P/S box in my 71 Charger, 383, headman headers, we had to remove the D/S motor mount bolt and jack the motor up to squeeze it in.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

twodko

Same same FirmFeel II in my 69 Charger. I installed new mounts at the same time. Food for thought.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

cudaken

Thanks for the answers folks.

Cuda Ken
I am back

A383Wing

yer gonna need to disconnect yer accelerator cable from the carb & clamp at rear of intake also...don't ask how I know this. Battery tray needs to come out as well

Once engine is lifted up on drivers side, steering box comes out the top.

Bryan

bill440rt

Complete PIA with headers.  :yesnod:
With manifolds not so bad.

I dropped the PS box out the bottom, not the top. Guess it can be done both ways. On a car with manifolds just had to disconnect the pipe from the manifold & jack up the engine slightly, plenty of clearance then.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce