News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3/8 fuel line and vapor return

Started by ws23rt, June 15, 2013, 08:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

I see this system as being for 440 sixpac and hemi applications when ordering parts. My guestion is what is the real world application? My C500 440 has it and I know it is original. Is this one of those things that are sometimes/maybe? Or is this one of those items that can choke the best of the judges. I hope it is cause I like putting the judges on the spot.

DixieRestoParts

All 1969 440 cars had 3/8" fuel lines and 1/4" vapor return lines. I know my 2 1969 R/T's did as well as some 1969 GTX's I've owned. You will find a few instances where people claim their 440 or 440-6 pack car came with 5/16" from the factory. I don't doubt that as Ma Mopar was in the bidness of putting cars on the road and would often make production line changes to keep things going. Factory screw-ups happened too. But, for the record a 440 4bbl car had it too. It's not 4406 or Hemi only.

Sidenote: 1982, I was new to Mopars and was changing the fuel pump on my F3 R/T SE. I took the vapor separator in to the local "Big A" auto parts store and asked the Chevy guy behind the counter if he could get me a replacement. He didn't show anything in his many parts books he scoured and finally said, it must be a tractor filter. They didn't what it was and couldn't get it. I just put it back on my car and went my merry way. It would be another decade later before they would be reproduced and I replaced my broken rusty one. LOL. 
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

resq302

I agree.  Our latest vehicle that is loosely class a survivor 69 GTX convertible has the 440 standard and has the 3/8 w/ 1/4" return line.  Somewhere in the cars life, someone changed out the sending unit with just a single feed line and no return and also changed out the vapor seperator for the standard steel can mopar fuel filter.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

mauve66

my 66 383-4 has 3/8 with a 1/4 return line from the ................. oh wait, thats something i did........ ::)
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Brightyellow69rtse

my 69 r/t has 5/16 line on it. i assumed it was a error. when it needed replacing i went up to 3/8. i dont run a return line.