News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Still have a fuel problem ....

Started by Canadian1968, June 15, 2013, 07:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

I had posted about a vapour lock problem I was having with my car . Since then I have installed a thermal carb gasket, as well I got new mopar vapour separator and installed. I also fabbed up a new 3/8 hard line from stock location up to a T fitting to feed the Holley.

The car will still stall on me when it get to peak operating temp.  According to the gauge approx 190.  Difference between before and after the changes is that I am able to fire the car back up after it stalls but it has a hard time idelding and will die as I put it into gear. Approx 10 mins of cool down and I am able fire if up and drive untill it get to hot again.

Question i have iswhen I have cap off my rawhat should I be able to see as thermostat opens. Should there be a very visible flow to the coolant??

Budnicks

Do you still have the vapor separator on the car ?? is the return line from the vapor separator clear ?? is it still hooked up, if not either fix or replace it... Is the intake manifold getting really hot ?? you can also block off the heat riser part with an intake gasket/valley-pan that has a aluminum/metal plug that goes over that part of the valley-pan/intake gasket ?? it's exhaust heat for you choke stove you don't need it really especially in the summer spring & fall months... or get a valley-pan with no exhaust heat riser hole in it... that always helps, a cool carburetor is a good thing... Possibly you may have a too high of a fuel level in the bowls also... after it sits for a few minutes it drains back down or cools off & drains down, then your able to start it....  Have you checked &/or set your float bowl levels correctly ?? while running you should just barely have the fuel dripping pout the sight hole where the brass plug is, slightly loosen the flat blade screw on top of the adjustment on the top of the fuel bowl 1 at a time, turn the hex nut counter clockwise should raise the fuel float level & clockwise should lower the fuel float level, repeat process on the rear bowl.... make sure to keep a rag & try not to spill too much fuel, adjusting them while running is the best way to know you have the proper adjustment with the carb already installed on the car.... Good luck
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks