News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake pedal won't come back up.

Started by richardmoparman, June 10, 2013, 03:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardmoparman

Drove the car last night and found the brake pedal won't come back up and release the brakes.I can pull it back up with my foot and the brakes release.I have front disk and rear drum.What could be the problem.

JB400

Your return spring is broke or come loose.

ACUDANUT

It's been awhile I guess. I don't remember a return spring ? Man it sucks getting old.

JB400

My bad, the spring I was looking at connects elsewhere.  Could be one of the springs in the master cylinder has broken.  Depends on how old the mc is.

Back N Black

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 10, 2013, 03:29:39 PM
It's been awhile I guess. I don't remember a return spring ? Man it sucks getting old.

There is a return spring.

jlatessa

I think that is only an anti-rattle spring?

Joe

squeakfinder

Sounds more like an issue with the master cylinder sticking.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

A383Wing

the spring pictured above is a anti-rattle spring for the rod....as stated, sounds like a master cylinder issue

Bryan

C928BRAN

IS IT POWER BRAKES? I HAD A BAD BOOSTER, AND IT WOULD STAY ON THE FLOOR, BUT COULD PULL IT UP BY HAND.

richardmoparman

It is a power brake set up with a booster.

richardmoparman

Brake pedal will come back up by its self if the car is not running.

ACUDANUT

Sounds like a bad booster. Replace them both though, since you have it apart. :Twocents: