News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pic request: 71 Charger with a canopy vinyl top & side stripe?

Started by JPL, June 14, 2013, 09:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPL

Hi all, looking for a pic, a 1971 Charger with a canopy (half) vinyl top & stripe kit, the kind of stripe that goes around the cowl and down the side, blacked out buldge hood treatment wouldn't hurt either......
Thanks!
:2thumbs:

ottawamerc

This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

JPL

Quote from: ottawamerc on June 14, 2013, 02:16:41 PM
Check mine out, just finished it. But no vinyl top! :rotz:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,100434.0.html

Thanks Ottawa, I can find a bunch of those, but I need to see one with that top......

71_Charger_R/T

That's a combination never offered from the factory so they are kinda hard to find.......
Here's all I could find.

JPL

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on June 14, 2013, 09:01:25 PM
That's a combination never offered from the factory so they are kinda hard to find.......
Here's all I could find.

Thank you 71, I am debating if I should do that to mine......

Baldwinvette77

JPL

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on June 15, 2013, 07:24:03 AM
in what colour? i think black would look nice  :drool5:

yup black, also, are there cars that have that side stripe and no blackout hood treatment?

ACUDANUT

Here are my 72's. Same thing.

JPL

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 15, 2013, 08:57:34 AM
Here are my 72's. Same thing.

:2thumbs:
Cool, I would have to get a completely blacked out hood treatment though.....mines not a R/T......maybe  I could get a custom one that says SE.........

71_Charger_R/T

My brother has a vinyl cutter and did mine for me. I'm sure he could do a custom "vanity vinyl" for you if you wanted.
here's mine........

JPL

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on June 15, 2013, 07:36:07 PM
My brother has a vinyl cutter and did mine for me. I'm sure he could do a custom "vanity vinyl" for you if you wanted.
here's mine........

Would he be able to do custom side stripes as well? I do not have those vents in the back of the hood.......

71_Charger_R/T

The side stripes he doesn't have dimension specs for....... The hood black-out he does, all he'd have to do is change the graphic to "S/E" or whatever you want (JPL? or something personalized.) I had to cut the hole out in the center for the louver so no problem there.

ACUDANUT

You don't really need spec's for the decals. Line them up and center them. Your hood (74) without vents won't be a issue.  :cheers:

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 16, 2013, 10:35:10 AM
You don't really need spec's for the decals. Line them up and center them. Your hood (74) without vents won't be a issue.  :cheers:
Ahh...... me thinks you don't really know what you are talking about. Do we just slap a 48" wide chunk of vinyl on the side of the car and it automatically lines up and turns into a 3" wide swoop down the side and over the cowl?  They need to be plotted and cut out of the raw stock so they fit the car, THEN it just a matter of lining them up (which is pretty easy,yes.)

ACUDANUT

The stripes line up with the body lines. I watched a pro do them on my cars. It looked fairly easy, but I don't take chances. Pay someone.

71_Charger_R/T

you are not understanding that we are talking about MAKING the stripes, not buying them and just putting them on. you need to have the dimensions to MAKE them. I know how to float them on.......... I did my own.