News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wife wants me to thin the herd..which charger goes?

Started by carsnguitars, June 12, 2013, 09:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

Tilar

:iagree:  I'd add another garage if she's hell bent on having a place to park her car inside. After being married as many times as I have, Nobody will "let" me have anything. They are mine, I earned them, she didn't. 

If she's sweet and nice and I loved her and she promised to not bitch about my cars or hobbies, she is welcome to stay. Too many other fish out there that wont hold your personal possessions over your own head.  :Twocents:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: bull on June 13, 2013, 12:36:03 PM
First off I'd thank God you have a wife that will 'let' you have any classic cars, let alone 2 or 3. Because there are plenty of wives out there who seem to get off on making their husband's lives miserable for thinking about what it would be like to own just one.

Second, eliminate your lease favorite rendundancy.

:iagree:

You've got a nice variety of toys......and two '71's.   I'd give up one of them.

ACUDANUT

Get rid of the Chevy, or donate one of the 71's to me.  ;D

A383Wing

Yea...my vote is for one of the 71's to leave as well if any car goes....you will still have another

Bryan

carsnguitars

Quote from: A383Wing on June 13, 2013, 09:39:46 PM
Yea...my vote is for one of the 71's to leave as well if any car goes....you will still have another

Bryan

My heartache with the 71's, is they drive so much nicer. PW & AC too, I was amazed the windows still worked. That car sat for 30 years.
Even wife when she drove in my Chally and then drove one of the 71's said, I like this it drives nice!  Plus, 71s are getting harder to find now too (well least r/t versions).

After reading all suggestions, I want to keep me all. Why not!!! Now how to tell her....over nice dinner lots of wine!!! it worked for dating  :yesnod:

JB400

You just figured this out on your own.  Let me point this out to you.  Give her one of the 71's.  If she enjoyed the ride in the 71's, give her one.  If it's a gift to her, she won't want to get rid of it, and will want to keep it inside as well.  You might have to put one of your projects on the backburner to fix hers, but it'll be worth it.

A383Wing

I feel yer pain....we can't really tell ya what to keep or get rid of...all we can really do is let you decide..

we may joke around here in telling you to get rid of wife, or make a bigger garage...but it's all in fun

I guess I consider myself one of the lucky ones that has a wife that enjoys my cars as I do

Bryan

Ghoste

Find out what she would see as a compromise to keep the cars.

bull

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 13, 2013, 02:09:40 PM
Quote from: bull on June 13, 2013, 12:36:03 PM
First off I'd thank God you have a wife that will 'let' you have any classic cars, let alone 2 or 3. Because there are plenty of wives out there who seem to get off on making their husband's lives miserable for thinking about what it would be like to own just one.

I would have never offered up a proposal to any women with the slightest "dis-interest" or jealousy of cars........ Hence, there would have never been a "let" situation...  :icon_smile_big:

Yup, that's why I put 'let' in quotes. ;) There's a big difference between getting permission and discussing a proposal. Usually the difference manifests itself in a crappy marriage/divorce or a happy, productive and team-oriented relationship.

tsmithae

Honestly, if it were me...  if she liked one of the '71s, I would take the one she liked more, put a little money in making it look nicer and work 100%, if she questions you tell her that you're getting ready to let go of it.  Then, when it is done (whatever that takes, be it new paint, gremlin exorcism, etc) hand her the keys and give her a kiss.  :2thumbs:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Tilar

Quote from: carsnguitars on June 13, 2013, 09:56:20 PM

After reading all suggestions, I want to keep me all. Why not!!! Now how to tell her....over nice dinner lots of wine!!! it worked for dating  :yesnod:

Dinner and wine sounds good. "Honey, I decided I'm not selling any of my cars. Do you want more wine?"   ;)
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Homerr

Quote from: carsnguitars on June 12, 2013, 09:43:38 PM

She just wants a spot in the garage for her

Restore one of the '71's for the wife, sell her current car and let her park the '71 in the garage.