News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What shock after MP relocation?

Started by JPL, June 11, 2013, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPL

Hey all,

Just wondering what is the correct size, or matter of fact, the correct shock to run after the Mopar Performance spring relocation kit installation on my '71 Charger?

HPP

The same shocks still work. They actually work better because they are more vertical.

fy469rtse

I would check that they will compress enough, otherwise they will bottom out over a bump, I had the other problem over here , all the valiant ones are too short to extend to fit , so maybe there's your answer, the smaller platform cars like A body's might be the perfect fit

Big Sugar

Off topic...hey JPL how o those Supertrapps sound on your Charger ? They look pretty cool down there.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

JPL

Quote from: HPP on June 17, 2013, 03:33:15 PM
The same shocks still work. They actually work better because they are more vertical.

Stock ones are on there now, blew out the right one.......

JPL

Quote from: Big Sugar on June 17, 2013, 10:55:53 PM
Off topic...hey JPL how o those Supertrapps sound on your Charger ? They look pretty cool down there.

Ron

Thanks Ron, they soung pretty cool, the more dics you put on the lowder it gets......

HPP

Quote from: JPL on June 19, 2013, 08:56:26 AM

Then you need to verify travel requirements. If you need longer, go with a truck shock. If you need shorter, go with an A body.

JPL

Quote from: HPP on June 19, 2013, 09:57:58 AM
Quote from: JPL on June 19, 2013, 08:56:26 AM

Then you need to verify travel requirements. If you need longer, go with a truck shock. If you need shorter, go with an A body.

Yeah, when you use the MP spring relocation kit, it moves the leaf springs inward and connects them to the frame, in turn, moving the shock perch inward, shortening the travel distance of the shock, just wondering what is the correct length of the shock needed, just trying to avoid the guessing game.

HPP

Stock B body shocks are 13.625" compressed,  22.625" extended with 9" of travel. So, something shorter than that. Probably 7-8" worth of travel.