News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 dodge charger 'daytona'

Started by 1974dodgecharger, June 11, 2013, 12:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Very rare I think only 1 one was build in 1970 a charger daytona should be worth gazillion dollars  :2thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRpWutBePO4

Kern Dog

Ghoste

wingcar

Wow....Petty drove a Daytona back in the day....the 43 always looked like a Superbird to me....
I think "someone" needs to learn a bit more about Chryslers history.....  :rotz:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

sunfire69

Yep....I had a 70 Daytona.....had a 429 Hemi...with A/C  and auto...it was red with a black vinyl top.... :yesnod:

hatersaurusrex

Wow and that guys is the President and CEO of the SRT group...
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

ACUDANUT

Well the original ones did have 70 fenders and hood right ?  :shruggy:

Ghoste

But the guy in charge of SRT should know better.

Budnicks

Quote from: Ghoste on June 11, 2013, 03:26:00 PM
But the guy in charge of SRT should know better.
Bingo we have a winner....LOL...you would think he would know Chryslers racing history after all... But it's just a promo for the newest F&F movie, no reality here/there...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

HeavyFuel

Common folks like us throw out facts and figures in casual discussion.....sometimes we get things off a bit now and then....it happens, no big deal.

But these guys......promo video going out to the world?  No excuse not to have the facts straight. :rotz:

ACUDANUT

So who is going to write them and tell them it was a 69. ?

A383Wing

Quote from: HeavyFuel on June 11, 2013, 04:47:45 PM
Common folks like us throw out facts and figures in casual discussion.....sometimes we get things off a bit now and then....it happens, no big deal.

But these guys......promo video going out to the world?  No excuse not to have the facts straight. :rotz:

especially the idiot who posted it

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: HeavyFuel on June 11, 2013, 04:47:45 PM

I agree he couldnt even get it right I just laughed at the video when the FandF car director of the series talks about the 'special daytona 1970'.

vancamp

nvrbdn

when watching it, its like they didnt realize that the 69 (daytona) and the 70 (superbird) were different cars.   :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

Mike DC

Get over it.  Not everyone is a wing car nut. 

I'll say it again - if Gilles had mentioned that Petty drove a Plymouth, half the 14yo kids watching the video would be thinking, "What does an old NASCAR driver have to do with that rock the Pilgrims landed on?" 

The wing car era was more than 40 years ago. 

Remember when you were 14?  At that time, how much did you know about the motorsports that happened 40+ years before that?   

Ghoste

So the fact that 14 year olds are unaware of automotive history makes it okay for the adult in charge of Chrysler's performance division who also claims to be an avid Mopar enthusiast to not know?  Sorry Mike I am going to have to pass that glass of Kool-Aid on to somebody else.

Old Moparz

Not only is it a Fast & Furious cartoon flick, it's sequel number 6. Why does anyone take this so seriously? :smilielol:

The next one will be a prequel from when they were kids with pedal car ricers & plotting over how to smuggle candy.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 12, 2013, 11:47:08 PM

I'll say it again - if Gilles had mentioned that Petty drove a Plymouth, half the 14yo kids watching the video would be thinking, "What does an old NASCAR driver have to do with that rock the Pilgrims landed on?" 

Remember when you were 14?  At that time, how much did you know about the motorsports that happened 40+ years before that?   

i knew the differences between a superbird and daytona when i was 14  :whistling:

Ghoste

True enough.  I will however stand by my opinion that the head of SRT should know better.  (if for no other reason than he claims to be an avid Mopar guy)

GOTWING

what's with the stupid fake wheelies?  :smilielol:

Ghoste

Bob just told you, it's a cartoon.   :lol:

bull

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 12, 2013, 11:47:08 PM

:smilielol: :smilielol: They don't know an American automotive marque that just ended in 2001 but they know about an event from 1620? Most 14-year-old boys I hung around growing up did not pride themselves on facts from American history but we all knew a lot about cars and motorcycles. We were already arguing about which brand was best. Two years from getting my own license? We were living and breathing motorsports.

Budnicks

Quote from: GOTWING on June 13, 2013, 10:42:46 AM
what's with the stupid fake wheelies?  :smilielol:
600-700 lbs of ballast hung of the back of the car, it's real wheelies, just staged made to look like it's a power wheelie...  :slap:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks