News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Real Daytona on eBay, Real cheap?

Started by DodgeChargerNeeded, June 10, 2013, 11:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

:faint: wow , thought sure that ad was a scam  !!  :yesnod:      ,  nice one Trav , congratulations  , awesome stuff :yesnod: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:   :dance:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charger Downunder

Great buy :2thumbs: The owner priced it to sell by the look of things, its cheap now who knows in a few years what it will be worth. Enjoy your new ride.
[/quote]

bakerhillpins

Quote from: nascarxx29 on June 11, 2013, 12:25:20 AM
It maybe this car on bottom of page .Fixed car has same color black stripe and same firestone firehawk tires.Same vin and owner David Rogers AL XX29L9B358403

http://www.superbirdclub.com/files/may_june_2006_newsletter.pdf

That was a great read. Thanks for posting the link to the back story!  :2thumbs: 

Wonder what was up with the 68 engine paint job in that car?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

r4daytona

Thant looks like a great car!  I'm also jealous of your collection.  You guys with multiple cars make me feel sub standard.  Maybe I need to sell some of my coins to find another car of some kind.  Congrats !!

nascarxx29

The car goes back to early club member David Rogers Al .It recorded as a 4 red white interior and stripe .What does the buildsheet indicate,Being a only 1 owner car did he change it.And did he have the original engine.Cars looks good and is a well documented and 1 of 2 Daytonas from Bill Strange Dodge

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60166.0.html
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

WINGIN IT

Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 12, 2013, 06:59:47 PM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on June 12, 2013, 02:32:56 PM
Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 12, 2013, 01:17:49 PM
It was real!!!!!   :popcrn:

Did you buy it, or know who did?

Hopefully they will find their way onto the board.

I didn't want to say anything until the car was back safe in my garage.. but i'm a wing car owner now!!!! I still can't believe it. The car is awesome, one owner, the guy had written basically a journal of every time he adjusted carb, changed oil, plugs, engines(lol), etc. pretty cool car with some history. Here are a few pics!!

Congrats man ! :2thumbs:
Well bought  :yesnod:

I think I'm more jeleous of your garage space then the number of cars, but love the collection  :2thumbs:

So did you drive it yet?
How'd she run? :popcrn:

69charger2002

Quote from: nascarxx29 on June 13, 2013, 09:28:24 AM
The car goes back to early club member David Rogers Al .It recorded as a 4 red white interior and stripe .What does the buildsheet indicate,Being a only 1 owner car did he change it.And did he have the original engine.Cars looks good and is a well documented and 1 of 2 Daytonas from Bill Strange Dodge

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60166.0.html

The car was bought R4 red, black stripe, black interior. You can see by the wreck pic from 1970 the seats were black, the wing he wanted white and had the dealership paint white immediately after purchasing the car. His daughter was 17 years old and she remembers the whole family wanted it to have a white wing, including him, so he had it color changed immediately.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

nascarxx29

was curious as I seen it recorded this way in 79 records .1 owner mentions.The car came (from the factory) with a turquoise painted engine???

http://s975.photobucket.com/user/Wingcars69/media/101_4929_zpscecc994d.jpg.html
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

A383Wing

Quote from: tan top on June 13, 2013, 03:49:09 AM
:faint: wow , thought sure that ad was a scam  !!  :yesnod:      ,  nice one Trav , congratulations  , awesome stuff :yesnod: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:   :dance:

yea..me too....I sit corrected

Bryan

69charger2002

Quote from: WINGIN IT on June 13, 2013, 10:22:57 AM

I didn't want to say anything until the car was back safe in my garage.. but i'm a wing car owner now!!!! I still can't believe it. The car is awesome, one owner, the guy had written basically a journal of every time he adjusted carb, changed oil, plugs, engines(lol), etc. pretty cool car with some history. Here are a few pics!!

Well bought  :yesnod:

I think I'm more jeleous of your garage space then the number of cars, but love the collection  :2thumbs:

So did you drive it yet?

I cranked it, moved it, and drove it on the trailer. i don't know how she runs really i am still scared to drive it!! Crazy i know lol. I am officially the second owner as of this morning. Still cannot believe it.

Speedfreak

Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 13, 2013, 01:24:05 PM

Well bought  :yesnod:

I think I'm more jeleous of your garage space then the number of cars, but love the collection  :2thumbs:

So did you drive it yet?

I cranked it, moved it, and drove it on the trailer. i don't know how she runs really i am still scared to drive it!! Crazy i know lol. I am officially the second owner as of this morning. Still cannot believe it.

Congratulations on your purchase!   Good looking car.  Considering what this car has gone through, there is the possibility that structurally there may be problems, regardless on how well they may think they it was repaired.  My friend works on these computerized frame aligners and sees these problems every day when a car was hit as hard as this one was.   My advice to you is to drive it around and take it on the highway as soon as possible.  Also see if a local body shop can put it on their Car O Liner to check the specs.  If there is a problem you should contact eBay as soon as possible to file a claim, since it does not appear he disclosed this info in the listing.  Otherwise you could end up with a not so driveable car and the bill to make it road worthy.  

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Speedfreak on June 13, 2013, 02:52:07 PM
Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 13, 2013, 01:24:05 PM

Well bought  :yesnod:

I think I'm more jeleous of your garage space then the number of cars, but love the collection  :2thumbs:

So did you drive it yet?

Congratulations on your purchase!   Good looking car.  Considering what this car has gone through, there is the possibility that structurally there may be problems, regardless on how well they may think they it was repaired.  My friend works on these computerized frame aligners and sees these problems every day when a car was hit as hard as this one was.   My advice to you is to drive it around and take it on the highway as soon as possible.  Also see if a local body shop can put it on their Car O Liner to check the specs.  If there is a problem you should contact eBay as soon as possible to file a claim, since it does not appear he disclosed this info in the listing.  Otherwise you could end up with a not so driveable car and the bill to make it road worthy.  
He makes a good point. And one reason I asked if you drove it, to see if it was in good running/driving condition. Just think of it as another car with a big schnoz and you'll be fine  :icon_smile_big:

GeneralLeeTESH

Awesome there Travis !
-Duketona TESH  :cheers:
The TESH

69_500

Congrats Travis. The day it was on I tried to get ahold of seller but never got ahold of them. Glad it is on hands that will not just want to flip it.

Tilar

:drool5:   Congrats Travis, I'm sure you're stoked right now!   :cheers:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69charger2002

Thanks guys! I am very stoked too! Im glad it didnt go to a flipper either! So i have this 69 daytona i just bought that i want to sell... Lol just kidding!
Trav

A383Wing

I got a dollar...(figuring in depreciation value here)   :D

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 14, 2013, 04:17:30 PM
Thanks guys! I am very stoked too! Im glad it didnt go to a flipper either! So i have this 69 daytona i just bought that i want to sell... Lol just kidding!
Trav

Man,  you're starting to sound like me....   :rofl:

Granted, I had an ulterior motive in selling mine; getting the F6 Playboy...... But alas, it is gone....

Hence,,, I'm stuck with my common-run-of-the-mill-V2 Daytona.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

A383Wing

"Run-of-the-mill......"

(I wish)  :drool5:

Bryan

69charger2002

Weird thing i've noticed, wanted to ask the wing gurus.. Headlights work perfect, up and down. However when i shut engine off and let's say come back to the car 30 minutes later, the headlights have opened by themselves.. I have seen headlight doors on a 69 droop down with vacuum leaks, but never open on their own after power shuts off. as soon as i start the car, they go down. Any suggestions? It feels like Christine every time i go to my shop and see the doors up. lol

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 17, 2013, 10:28:19 PM
Weird thing i've noticed, wanted to ask the wing gurus.. Headlights work perfect, up and down. However when i shut engine off and let's say come back to the car 30 minutes later, the headlights have opened by themselves.. I have seen headlight doors on a 69 droop down with vacuum leaks, but never open on their own after power shuts off. as soon as i start the car, they go down. Any suggestions? It feels like Christine every time i go to my shop and see the doors up. lol

The vacuum leaks down and the springs lift the headlights.

This was to keep people from getting stranded in the dark.

Some guys remove the springs.

A383Wing

there are springs on the inboard of each headlight bucket. This is fail safe system in case you loose vacuum. sounds like yer headlight switch is either bad (the vacuum switch portion), or you have a leak in the vacuum can, or a crack in a hose somewhere

Bryan

Daytona R/T SE

Spring looks like this:

wingcarenvy