News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tesla: full of it !

Started by odcics2, May 23, 2013, 03:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Usually Mike, I agree with many of your posts, this one however gets the  :loser:
I have come to expect this from Folks like Steve and the like, but you geesh.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mike DC

I didn't mean it personally.   
That pic was directed more towards the entire thread than you alone.  It mainly just made me laugh. 

My pic postings can be a bit stream-of-consciousness.  Sometimes I am directly saying something.  Or I'm commenting by summing up what I'm hearing.  Other times it's just whatever I'm feeling right then, which may or may not make any sense at all.   

Cooter

Cool. Thought maybe you too were thumbing down the "hate on Cooter cause it's the in thing to do" bandwagon. Glad to see otherwise Mike. :2thumbs: :lol:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

ws23rt

Quote from: Cooter on May 27, 2013, 04:19:53 PM
Cool. Thought maybe you too were thumbing down the "hate on Cooter cause it's the in thing to do" croud. Glad to see otherwise Mike. :2thumbs: :lol:

You are not like jumper but you do keep coming back. :cheers:  It is good for the energy level here. However it's taking me from my projects way too much :2thumbs:

Chryco Psycho

Chrysler  also repaid all of the loan in full & in advance when Iacocca was running Chrysler in the 80s

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

chaos52

Going to jump in here and show some of my Elon Musk fanboyness.  ::)

He cofounded Paypal, then went on to start Telsa, SpaceX and SolarCity.

SpaceX was the first private company to put a satellite into orbit in 2009. Right now they're developing a reusable rocket called the Grasshopper. It's designed for vertical landings and takeoffs. The goal is to have a rocket that can fly a mission, land, refuel and be ready to go again within a few hours. Musk is part of the initiative to colonize Mars and plans to land there in 10 years.

Tesla offers free charging at their Supercharger stations for Tesla customers. Tesla made a big announcement a couple weeks ago that by the end of 2013 the Supercharger network will allow for coast-to-coast travel.
Tesla's plan is to develop their higher end sedan first, then introduce the more economic models. The first of which is the Model X SUV/van which will begin delivery in 2014.

Anyway, I for one am really excited to see where this guy is going and I trust he knows his stuff. I hope to be a Tesla owner someday.

JimmyB

New guy here, just throwing in my quick  :Twocents:

In my garage, next to my '74 Charger, is a Vectrix VX-1.  So you don't have to google, it's a large electric scooter with a range of 30 - 50 miles if you take it easy, top speed of 68 if you don't.

I reckon that every day I ride it to work saves me $7 in gas - gas I can then put in my Charger.  So, IMHO, the more EVs on the road the more dino-fuel there is left for the classics.  If Elon Musk wants to hurry up and get his Model X ready, I'd think about a used one to replace my Explorer.

Cheers

Steve P.

Welcome to the site JimmyB.

I love that you are choosing electric also. I am thinking if the electric bike saves you $7.00 in gas per day, that would put you at about a gallon each way to and from work. From all I have read that would be pennies worth of electric in the bike per day. So even if the bike costs you $10.00 per week in electric you are still saving at least $100.00 per month. Plus you get to ride!! Not to mention simple parking!!

I have no idea how much the bikes cost or how long the batteries last, but if you were in the market anyway I am sure it feels good to blow by the gas stations all the time..  :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida