News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

factory passing gear linkage vs cable types

Started by badass, June 17, 2013, 04:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badass

I have a 440 with a holley double pumper and RPM eldebrock intake i need the passing gear linkage i think i would like the factory type but dont know if it would fit and work right thats the 3 piece unit for my 71 charger i have a holley adapter for the throttle and a tall bracket for the return spring,it seems hard to find the complete unit factory unit just pieces and parts and is a adapter needed for the holley?......i looked at a lokar throttle and kickdown unit im not to crazy about how it looks but if it works well id use it. havent checked out other brands much they look kind of strange too.manily i want it to work well and last with out having to mess with it all of the time .any body got any advice.
mopars best **** the rest

Cooter

I have run junkyard Cable set up from late model Ram trucks with some success. Got one on my dart right now. Works Awesome. However, you WILL have to weld, bolt, etc. the bracket to convert your kick down linkage to a "pull" type system on bottom of carb linkage.

MUST get ALL brackets etc. from Ram truck though. Cable is adjustable.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

badass

Back N Black

RECHRGD

I also have the RPM and Holley DP set up.  I was able to use the stock linkage by cutting the bracket in two and welding a piece back in to increase the height by around 1 1/4".  I also had to grind down the part of the linkage that rides on the carb adaptor quite a bit to keep it from hitting the bottom of the dropped base air cleaner.  Works great!
13.53 @ 105.32

badass

anybody try the Lokar set up with throttle cable also?

John_Kunkel

The Lokar transmission cable works OK IF you understand the principle of operation...Lokar and 99% of installers don't.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

badass