News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 Supercharger?

Started by cday63, February 22, 2006, 03:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cday63

Is there anybody that makes a supercharger for the 440 or an adaptor plate so a weiand 8-71 hemi supercharger could be used?

Blown70

Quote from: phat69charger on February 22, 2006, 03:26:13 PM
http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/

I would use them

And no such thing as a hemi supercharger.... :P

You need an intake, for a 440,  Hope you did not pay more for that "HEMI" supercharger

Tom

sext7366

Anyone ever seen that supercharger which bolts on where an ac compressor would... I forget the name of the company, but it even is low enough to stay under the hood without body modifications.  I don't think it creates the same amount of power, but its close. 

Blown70

Quote from: sext7366 on February 23, 2006, 12:52:56 PM
Anyone ever seen that supercharger which bolts on where an ac compressor would... I forget the name of the company, but it even is low enough to stay under the hood without body modifications.  I don't think it creates the same amount of power, but its close. 

PROCHARGER

I DO NOT LIKE THEM AT ALLLLLLLLLLL

Mike DC

The "ProCharger" is a centrifugal-type supercharger.  Lotsa power, but not much of anything until the upper end of the powerband.  Fits under the hood.

The Weiand-type blower is a Roots-type.  The powere builds up more evenly as the engine revs.  Sticks up through the hood. (Mad-Max style.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever looked a the newer Screw-type blowers?  Like the ones that Whipple makes?  (It sits in the same location as the Roots-type.  But it's much smaller than a Roots, and sometimes can fit under the hood depending on the car and the carb/fuel injection setup.)

I'd be after one of those things.  ALL the boost comes on by the time you hit 2000 RPM, and then the boost stays level there for the rest of the powerband.  It's not gonna post the highest HP numbers, but it's gonna be way more fun to drive than any of the others.

It's the same reasoning that I'd rather get 20 more pounds of midrange torque than get 20 more hp at the top end.