News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fans of Bullitt

Started by JB400, June 04, 2013, 10:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Kern Dog

A383Wing

Fred

Why is it always the Charger's that get damaged.

Is Alcatraz a TV series?

I don't get it. She's in the Mustang which comes away unscathed, the Charger flips but she's laying on the ground hurt.  :shruggy:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Yes, it's some tv show that I've never bothered to watch.

They bleeped out the part where he gets out and they have the struggle.

Anyone notice the green 68 Mustang that rolls up in the end? :drool5: :popcrn:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Fred on June 05, 2013, 12:45:26 AM

Is Alcatraz a TV series?

I don't get it. She's in the Mustang which comes away unscathed, the Charger flips but she's laying on the ground hurt.  :shruggy:

the more desirable and rare a vehicle the more it gets damaged in the movies.....just how it is.  Mustangs are a dime a dozen vs a charger.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

70 Charger RT

QuoteAnyone notice the green 68 Mustang that rolls up in the end?
YUP!
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Charger-Bodie

Is Alcatraz a TV series?

It was a great TV show! And it still pi$$eS me off that they canceled it. That was the first show in a long time that when it was over i couldnt wait for it to be on again...............But "Reality" crap lives forever!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

68CoronetRT

I love the comments on Youtube. All about the girl kicking the guy out of the car etc...

No reference to Bullitt at all... :smilielol:

rebby

Quote from: 68CoronetRT on June 05, 2013, 09:01:11 AM
I love the comments on Youtube. All about the girl kicking the guy out of the car etc...

No reference to Bullitt at all... :smilielol:
How many people, these days, do you think even realize the origination of that sequence? I'd bet that it's a small number.

Love the appearance of the 68 at the end although I'm a little disappointed that the new Mustang that they used wasn't a dark green.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

pippo702

I've been told that Alcatraz is a nice tv series..now I got convinced!  :icon_smile_big:

Mike DC

I was in San Fran last weekend and made a brief stop to see Taylor st, the site of the biggest Mustang/Charger leaps.

There was a 30-something woman walking a dog a few yards away.  She stopped to take a pic looking down the hill.  I said, "It's a nice view."  

She says, "Yeah.  Actually I'm talking a film class.   They used this street in a famous car chase a long time ago.  I'm taking pics of the filming locations."  

projectanimal

Quote from: pippo702 on June 05, 2013, 03:05:51 PM
I've been told that Alcatraz is a nice tv series..now I got convinced!  :icon_smile_big:

It was a good show... Bummed they canceled it. :shruggy:
Hurly from LOST was one of the main guys (the big guy) and his daily driver was the old mustang!  Loved the tribute to Bullitt!!  :cheers: :coolgleamA:
northwest CT

Fred

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 05, 2013, 07:58:55 AM

Is Alcatraz a TV series?

It was a great TV show! And it still pi$$eS me off that they canceled it. That was the first show in a long time that when it was over i couldnt wait for it to be on again...............But "Reality" crap lives forever!

Reality TV is a world wide decease. It's an ever growing cancer on my TV. At the moment it's all reality home renovations and reality cooking shows.

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on June 05, 2013, 01:01:29 AM
Yes, it's some tv show that I've never bothered to watch.
Never even hit our shores.

They bleeped out the part where he gets out and they have the struggle.
That explains it.

Anyone notice the green 68 Mustang that rolls up in the end? :drool5: :popcrn:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: projectanimal on June 05, 2013, 09:22:45 PM
I've been told that Alcatraz is a nice tv series..now I got convinced!  :icon_smile_big:

Hurly from LOST was one of the main guys (the big guy) and his daily driver was the old mustang!  Loved the tribute to Bullitt!!  :cheers: :coolgleamA:

Actually, it wasn't Hurly's car...

It was the blonde chick with the big, bouncy boobs that had the '68 Mustang in the show:

http://mustangs.about.com/b/2012/01/26/new-television-series-alcatraz-features-1968-gt390-mustang.htm

:coolgleamA:

projectanimal

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 05, 2013, 10:51:22 PM
Quote from: projectanimal on June 05, 2013, 09:22:45 PM
I've been told that Alcatraz is a nice tv series..now I got convinced!  :icon_smile_big:

Hurly from LOST was one of the main guys (the big guy) and his daily driver was the old mustang!  Loved the tribute to Bullitt!!  :cheers: :coolgleamA:

Actually, it wasn't Hurly's car...

It was the blonde chick with the big, bouncy boobs that had the '68 Mustang in the show:

http://mustangs.about.com/b/2012/01/26/new-television-series-alcatraz-features-1968-gt390-mustang.htm

:coolgleamA:

Nice!!  I forgot he took it that episode!!  Much better as blondes daily boob driver!!  :smilielol: :yesnod:
northwest CT

Mike DC

QuoteMuch better as blondes daily boob driver!! 

I almost understand that sentence, but not quite.

A383Wing

I saw "blonde" & "boob"...I was done

Bryan

Plum Crazy 68

I didn't see any hubcaps coming from the charger, but the little VW bug in every scene was a nice touch!

Laxy

It was great show, I ended up downloading most of it as the TV network showing it here in Oz kept pushing it later and later and changing the nights.

Was super pumped during this chase! Lots of tyre smoke and sideways action.
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

Fred

Quote from: Laxy on June 07, 2013, 01:18:36 AM
It was great show, I ended up downloading most of it as the TV network showing it here in Oz kept pushing it later and later and changing the nights.

Was it on pay TV?

Laxy

Quote from: Fred on June 07, 2013, 02:07:38 AM
Quote from: Laxy on June 07, 2013, 01:18:36 AM

Was it on pay TV?

It was free-to-air on Channel 9 - they did hype it for ages beforehand then killed it off in no time!
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

Back N Black

I liked the Mustang but 4 door charger..................................... :puke: :puke: