News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

R/T Rear Emblem

Started by James K, June 13, 2013, 07:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James K

I need to install the rear R/T emblem between the rear tail lights on my 69 Charger R/T. Of course there are no holes or even slight indentions where this thing might be mounted. Now I can lay down tape and find the center and drill the holes, but I know there must be quick tricks that will make this easier and foolproof. Any help would be appreciated.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 727 Auto, 8-Track, Factory A/C, Console, Double Black, Period Correct 440-4BBL, Matching Numbers Tranny and Diff.
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner, 727 Auto, Air Grabber, Black Bench Seat, Black Vinyl Top, K3 Burnt Orange, Period Correct 440-4BBL, Matching numbers Tranny and Diff.

Charger-Bodie

There are a couple good ways to handle this, but the best way at this point is to wait for someone to reply with accurate measurements from an original stamped tailpanel.

Have you tried searching the forum?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

charge69

Put it in the center of the area between the taillight assemblies. The original one have a slight positive taper to them to fit nicely in that spot.  I used an AMD tailpanel but reused my old emblem after cleaning it up and repainting it. My pictures of it on my unrestored Charger show it to be there. Drilled new holes, a touch of paint and installed the emblem.

James K

Well, never did get any accurate measurements on installing the R/T emblem, so I just grab my drill, tape, pencil, and measuring tape and went at it. I almost had an anxiety attack drilling that first hole. I may not have put it exactly like the factory, but it is aesthetically pleasing and it's straight. Good enough for government work.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 727 Auto, 8-Track, Factory A/C, Console, Double Black, Period Correct 440-4BBL, Matching Numbers Tranny and Diff.
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner, 727 Auto, Air Grabber, Black Bench Seat, Black Vinyl Top, K3 Burnt Orange, Period Correct 440-4BBL, Matching numbers Tranny and Diff.

charge69

You probably did it just the way the factory did it!  Try to attach a pic of it.

James K

As requested. I also installed new taillights after I got the car.

bill440rt

Looks about right to me!  :cheers:

Another easy way would have been to use the emblem to poke the holes thru a piece of paper. Center and tape the paper in the opening, mark the holes, and drill.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

JB400

Looks good.  Maybe Dodge should have hired you to put those on :2thumbs:

James K

Bill440rt, I did and it really helped. Stroker400, they couldn't afford me, it took hours to get the measurements and then redo. I re-measured so many times you would have thought I had OCD.