News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What does 1,500 buy you for a 69 charger?

Started by spoolinhard, June 03, 2013, 10:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoolinhard

Quote from: tan top on June 05, 2013, 05:38:36 AM
:o  wow , thats a deal  :cheers: :yesnod:   :coolgleamA:
 looks like its been in a wreck  , see loads & loads of  parts  :yesnod: :coolgleamA:
chrome shift knob too  :scratchchin:

whats the plan ?  is that yellow in engine bay ??

:popcrn:

Was a Y3 Cream car with black vinyl top and 383 2 barrel. Owner had this since the 80's. This is what he considered his parts car. In his shed he had a B5 blue 69 hemi charger, had a 383 4 barrel car next to it. Both were in nice original shape albeit with a coat of dust over them. He had shelving built against the walls that had rows of doors fenders and hoods. There were even 7 or 9 complete 69 grill assemblies. Throughout the shed there were also scattered sets of bucket seats, steering columns and various panels cut off of cars, such as quarters and innder fender wells and rear tail light panels. Also had a few dana 60's lying around. There were also  many complete big blocks. Everything was kind of scattered about the shed and very dusty. Other than the stuff on the shelf there was no order to the chaos, it was all over. Apparently he had another 69 stored somewhere else that was very solid. Oh, and I got to go up in the garage attached to his house, there he had many dashes, consoles and even a pair of NOS 70 quarter panels hanging from the rafters. There was also a complete Nascar hemi sitting on a stand. Apparently he parted many cars out during the 80's. He said that he never paid more than 200 for a parts car!

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

rebby

Quote from: spoolinhard on June 05, 2013, 07:51:00 AM
 looks like its been in a wreck  , see loads & loads of  parts  :yesnod: :coolgleamA:

whats the plan ?  is that yellow in engine bay ??

Was a Y3 Cream car with black vinyl top and 383 2 barrel. Owner had this since the 80's. This is what he considered his parts car. In his shed he had a B5 blue 69 hemi charger, had a 383 4 barrel car next to it. Both were in nice original shape albeit with a coat of dust over them. He had shelving built against the walls that had rows of doors fenders and hoods. There were even 7 or 9 complete 69 grill assemblies. Throughout the shed there were also scattered sets of bucket seats, steering columns and various panels cut off of cars, such as quarters and innder fender wells and rear tail light panels. Also had a few dana 60's lying around. There were also  many complete big blocks. Everything was kind of scattered about the shed and very dusty. Other than the stuff on the shelf there was no order to the chaos, it was all over. Apparently he had another 69 stored somewhere else that was very solid. Oh, and I got to go up in the garage attached to his house, there he had many dashes, consoles and even a pair of NOS 70 quarter panels hanging from the rafters. There was also a complete Nascar hemi sitting on a stand. Apparently he parted many cars out during the 80's. He said that he never paid more than 200 for a parts car!

And... where is this shed???  ::)

Nice find!  :2thumbs:
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

spoolinhard

I was looking for a unibody for structural pieces for my 70 hulk, my dad asked a mopar person in a nearby town and gave me this guys number. I wanted to take pics of his stuff but didnt ask. He asked that we not tell anyone about his stuff. He said that he was going to sell the hemi car, Im sure that when he does it will be on ebay.

Budnicks

Good score... Good luck with your 69-70 Charger melding projects
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

areibel

Nice Score!  And at least you'll be able to get one running from two dead ones. 
How bad is the wreck damage on the 69?   

tan top

Quote from: spoolinhard on June 05, 2013, 07:51:00 AM

whats the plan ?  is that yellow in engine bay ??

Was a Y3 Cream car with black vinyl top and 383 2 barrel. Owner had this since the 80's. This is what he considered his parts car. In his shed he had a B5 blue 69 hemi charger, had a 383 4 barrel car next to it. Both were in nice original shape albeit with a coat of dust over them. He had shelving built against the walls that had rows of doors fenders and hoods. There were even 7 or 9 complete 69 grill assemblies. Throughout the shed there were also scattered sets of bucket seats, steering columns and various panels cut off of cars, such as quarters and innder fender wells and rear tail light panels. Also had a few dana 60's lying around. There were also  many complete big blocks. Everything was kind of scattered about the shed and very dusty. Other than the stuff on the shelf there was no order to the chaos, it was all over. Apparently he had another 69 stored somewhere else that was very solid. Oh, and I got to go up in the garage attached to his house, there he had many dashes, consoles and even a pair of NOS 70 quarter panels hanging from the rafters. There was also a complete Nascar hemi sitting on a stand. Apparently he parted many cars out during the 80's. He said that he never paid more than 200 for a parts car!

:o  tri color combo of Y3 black top & tan interior :scratchchin:

sounds like that guy has some collection of mopar hardware

thanks for sharing the story & info  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

charger_fan_4ever

Any nice drivers side 70 fender in the parts bin ?

mikeydf14

Of the four Chargers I have owned I bought my first three for $1,500 each time in 1971 (69) another in 1973 (69) another in 1975 (68). However my fourth Charger (68) I bought in 2003 was a tad more than $1,500................   :rofl:

spoolinhard

Quote from: areibel on June 05, 2013, 11:43:09 AM
Nice Score!  And at least you'll be able to get one running from two dead ones. 
How bad is the wreck damage on the 69?   

Not as bad as I originally thought. The drivers front frame can be salvaged. The inner fender will have to be replaced obviously. Gonna need a frame pull and then the forward maybe six inches of that frame replaced as it is the only section that is really wrinkled. I am going to use the whole radiator support from the 70

spoolinhard

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 05, 2013, 05:06:18 PM

I have a decent one that is going to need a little work. I have all the difficult 70 pieces and no 69 stuff, another good reason for a 70 build.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: spoolinhard on June 05, 2013, 08:26:34 PM

I have a decent one that is going to need a little work. I have all the difficult 70 pieces and no 69 stuff, another good reason for a 70 build.

I was meaning in the sellers nest. I have bought 2 now. Sold the 1st one as it needed alot of straightening and paid more $$ for a supposed NOS reprimed from surface rust. They forgot to mention they sandblasted both sides and had to putty both sides of the fender to get it straight and somewhat rigid.  :brickwall:

The only metal left to work on my 70 is the darn drivers side fender.

70moparman

Wish it was 1983 right now... Id be cleaning up on the Mopars!!!  Some of us were born too late to get these stupid prices you guys once bought mopar muscle for... God damnit...   :brickwall:

ACUDANUT

Those prices might have been cheaper back then, but our paychecks couldn't buy that much either.  :Twocents:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 06, 2013, 03:36:29 PM
Those prices might have been cheaper back then, but our paychecks couldn't buy that much either.  :Twocents:

Think my dada was happy making 200 bucks a week workin in a factory assembly line.....now that's minimal wage salaries for 40 hours

Budnicks

yeah my first job was $1.65 an hour working {other than working for my Pop's Awning Company, I was slave labor, but got a few parts for my 68 Charger or gas money} my 1st real paying job was for, Paul Peterson Shell Service/Gas Station & I was happy working 30 hrs a week making about $50 a week before taxes & tips for service/repairs...LOL...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

ACUDANUT

I "think" I made 500 a month back then (84) maybe 300 I will have to check. The Marines did not make me rich.

rt green

75 bucks every 2 weeks in 1978  high school job  standard station
third string oil changer

spoolinhard

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 05, 2013, 09:16:37 PM
Quote from: spoolinhard on June 05, 2013, 08:26:34 PM

I was meaning in the sellers nest. I have bought 2 now. Sold the 1st one as it needed alot of straightening and paid more $$ for a supposed NOS reprimed from surface rust. They forgot to mention they sandblasted both sides and had to putty both sides of the fender to get it straight and somewhat rigid.  :brickwall:

The only metal left to work on my 70 is the darn drivers side fender.

He did not, he was a 69 guy. He did part out one 70, it was an R/T. The parts he had left from it made me cringe. He parted it in the 80's when it was a running car. Didnt have much left from it though. If there would have been fenders I would have been all over them. My drivers fender is definately usable but is going to take some work to do so.