News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can you adjust this valve- PIC Included...

Started by Mfr426, February 26, 2006, 11:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hey all, I pulled my water valve from my Charger for a closer look. I think the leaks is the rubber round seal at the base of the water pipes. I have the seal soaking in brake fluid now that's why you dont see it in the pic. The little rod in the pic goes right thru the center of it.  I carefully pry'd the tabs open on both the water pipe and the thermostat assembly on the back to separate the assembly. I didnt have any choice as I need to fix or replace this unit. It was new about 6 years ago (and zero miles ago).

The only place that it could leak (from what I can see) would be at the rear rubber seal that the post goes thru. I do however notice that there is a tab with a screw on it (see arrow in pic) that appears to be an adjustment. Does that adjustment effect the spring tension that would perhaps push or pull harder on the seal (to get a better seal)?

Anyone go this far to find a leak? Do I need medication or what???  ::)

I'd appreciate any comments or help on how to resolve this leak issue. I refuse to have a car that leaks.

Thanks All!

Mike R in Reading PA

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T