News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need a clutch

Started by Ryan.C, May 21, 2013, 11:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan.C

I checked McLeod and centerforce both want upwards of $500. is there another source for a decent street clutch that is more wallet friendly?
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Dmichels

Brewers Performance sells McCloud clutch packages for about $350 That's what I run
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Ryan.C

thanks ill check it out.
I have driven a centerforce clutch how does the McCloud compare?
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Brightyellow69rtse

i got my mcleod from brewers too. i actually got a screwed up pressure plate and they got me a new one no questions asked, great company to deal with!

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Troy

Are you looking at dual discs or other types of performance clutches? The stock style clutch from McLeod will take a LOT of abuse. I have them in all my cars. The Centerforce is a different style and generally requires much less pedal pressure. You'll have to remove the over center spring from the pedal assembly (be careful!).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Cooter

Take it from me, after about 3 warranty clutches from the local Auto parts store, they refuse any more. NONE will hold past about 450-500 Ft. Lbs.
With any type of "Spirited" driving.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

69wannabe

I'm running a RAM powergrip in my charger. I think it was bout 300 to 400 bucks from summit racing. I have had it in there for a few years with no problems.  ;D

c00nhunterjoe

I got my centerforce dual friction from brewera around $300. Been in for several years with good abuse. Holds well enough to crack my windshield on slicks.....