News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Midwest Chargers

Started by gnrl01, February 22, 2006, 11:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnrl01

I was curious if there were many of you charger owners in or around Iowa? I have been trying to find some Charger guys in the nearby area who like to get together with their cars.

Don
http://midwesthotrods.us/

tipopiola

Theres a handful of us in the  Twin Cities area in MN, but I would have to put seats in mine and pretend to drive while someone pulls me on a trailor.  Hopefully soon it'll be back on the road for the first time since 81'.  Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:

TruckDriver

There's at least a dozen or so of us from Wisconsin
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TheGhost

I know of a couple Nebraskan Charger guys...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

ITSA426

Where's Iowa?  Or where in Iowa.  There are several Charger people there.  And lots of Mopar fanatics.

purple70rt

I'm about 200 miles from des moines....wait, I think I know....  Cars looking good buddy.  Do you still have the other 70 fender?  If so I know a guy who is needing one bad. 
Later
Dale

MGBRingo

A few of us up here in Fargo ND.   

Iceyone

I'm from Southeast Iowa and own a 68 Charger.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

PocketThunder

Quote from: tipopiola on February 22, 2006, 11:29:11 PM
Theres a handful of us in the  Twin Cities area in MN, but I would have to put seats in mine and pretend to drive while someone pulls me on a trailor.  Hopefully soon it'll be back on the road for the first time since 81'.  Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  whatever man....  this guys full of it......

Quote from: gnrl01 on February 22, 2006, 11:04:18 PM
I was curious if there were many of you charger owners in or around Iowa? I have been trying to find some Charger guys in the nearby area who like to get together with their cars.

Don

Hi Don, i'm right next door in St. Paul, MN. . Come on up this summer!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tipopiola

Hey now, the word "soon" can mean many different things to different people  :icon_smile_big: .  I've got the trunk floors in the R/T and have started on the 383 car.  Doing the whole married and in college thing doesn't leave a ton of money for the cars just yet.  Just you wait and see, next year when I'm a full fledged high school shop teacher I'll be rolling in the dough  :rotz: !  Besides, now that PocketThunders car is in paint, I'll just borrow his car  :icon_smile_big: .  Tipopiola

ITSA426

tipopiola

Sounds to me like you're offerin' me a loaner  :yesnod: !  Tipopiola

ITSA426

Don't you just hate going to the dance without a date. 

While it's still winter we could just get together to work on your Charger you know.  There is plenty of enthusiasm and it's a great opportunity to see some progress on your car.  Plus it beats up some winter boredom.  You gotta admit going to Anoka would have been better in a Charger.

Let me know.

my73charger

I'm 200 miles north of the Twin Cities..Grand Rapids, MN.

General_01

I am in the Twin Cities. I have to put up with Paul, Lee and Chris, or is it they have to put up with me. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

bluecuda

We have a new mopar club that go's all over the mid-west. There's quite a few Charger owners with us. The website is  www.heartlandmopars.com  Im the site president so you can email me at directconnection73@yahoo.com

Kevin

www.heartlandmopars.com

rt green

i'm in sioux falls south dakota.  maybe i'm alone out here right in the middle of chevy country. i'm scared, hold me.
third string oil changer

Charger Steve

I'm from north central Iowa and have owned my 68 Charger for 33 years.
Charger Steve

my69

Quote from: rt green on February 25, 2006, 12:37:18 PM
i'm in sioux falls south dakota.  maybe i'm alone out here right in the middle of chevy country. i'm scared, hold me.

If your alone I must been alone for quite some time. :eyes: here in the "hub city"

Say MGBRingo It's nice to know there are a "few" around me ::)  I NEED TO GET MORE done on mine
MAYBE this summer I can actually get'er runnung :P

AdamMopar

I'm near Des Moines.

My charger doesn't move though  ;D.  Adam

ITSA426

A charger that doesn't move?  Yard art???

gnrl01

Wow!! And here I thought I was alone in a state that was Chevy and Ford populated! Dale is that you buddy from Missouri!!!! Dude you are the man who infuenced me to even get my car done! if you had not let me drive your purple RT I might have still been a dreamer!! Thanks for the compliment! Adam whats wrong with your charger? Need any help on the charger? As for the rest of you guys who responded that would be awesome to get a bunch of us together this summer at a show or even just a gathering...would love to get some of you to join my site as well and stay in touch on just that. I am posting a ton of car shows as I find out about them in  the even calendar so please add any that you may know of. I hope to see alot of you guys there soon. I haven't been on here for a bit so I apologize it took me a bit to respond. Awesome rides guys!

Don

gnrl01

Dale that 70 Fender is long gone actually, I have very few parts left from that car, shoot me an email when you have a chance d.alliss@mchsi.com

Don

Blue Pentastar

I am from Jefferson City Mo. Lee how is the yellow Hemi coming along. Hey I still haven't seen any pictures from Jeremy. I recieved and returned his email. But nothing since can you see if he got my reply.

Thanks
Mike
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

Charger1973

Also from West Des Moines.  About 5 minutes from Dons house. 

ITSA426

Hi Mike.  Jeremy has like a hundred pics for you.  Some of them go back quite a ways.  I'll remind him to get back to you.  He is in the middle of moving apartments, and changing jobs so I know he's busy.  If you don't hear from him very soon let me know and I'll mail them to you to copy and return. 

The yellow hemi is in the component assembly, and pouring in money stage.  When you need something "hemi only"  there is no mercy at the cash register.  It should be ready to re engine soon.  Interested in helping?

Lee

Blue Pentastar

I would be happy to help if my schedule allows. Hence advance warning would be great.
What is the plan to do it in one day or is it going to be a wekend thing with more than the engine drop in or car drop on maybe. Which way is it going to be rejoined with the car?

I will be looking forward to the pictures.
04 Chrysler 300M Special

jgbailey57

i'm just east of kansas city, mo but i have family in council bluffs ia and omahal/lincoln ne.
'69 Charger R/T patiently waiting in line to be restored... NOT WAITING ANYMORE!!!

ITSA426

Mike the car will get dropped onto the engine, K-frame, transmission exhaust, etc.  The Dana will go back in with springs, brakes.  Then its hook up suspension, shocks, radiator, wiring, bleed brakes, etc. 

The work takes a day to whenever, and it doesn't have to get finished that weekend.  The idea is to get together to have fun.  The car will get done in its own good time but definitely by Jefferson City. 

Lee

General_01

Hey Lee. You putting a car together? Let me know if I can help. I may also need advance warning to arrange babysitting and stuff. You may also be competing with Pocket for my two hands. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Blue Pentastar

Excellent Lee

I will be glad to help and have fun if my timing is good for a change.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Mike
04 Chrysler 300M Special

6670charger

Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

gnrl01

Would any of you guys in the bordering states or in Iowa be interested in getting a bunch of chargers or dodges together for a gathering of some kind this spring? I am trying to get a local charger type club going and would love to get a bunch of sweet rides together. We could think of a cool place to meet and an itinerary of somekind. I am open for ideas..just a chance to meet new friends and get families and cars together. If you are local or nearby please sign up and post any ideas you have on my site also at midwesthotrods.us

Thanks

tipopiola

I'd be there, but I'd be the one pulling up in a neon  :rotz: .  I thought the picnic last year was cool.  I had never seen most of the Chargers that showed up and the people were great.  Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:

PocketThunder

Quote from: tipopiola on February 28, 2006, 10:47:46 PM
I'd be there, but I'd be the one pulling up in a neon  :rotz: .  I thought the picnic last year was cool.  I had never seen most of the Chargers that showed up and the people were great.  Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:

I think i have some extra Charger badges we can bolt on above the quarter panels...  :icon_smile_wink:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tipopiola

Too late, I've already got some REALLY cool "ES" badges there.  PocketThunders got a spare Daytona wing we could mount on the back!  Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:

ITSA426

That neon would be especially nice if it's yellow with SRT 4 badging.  I'm lookig for one.  If you've been by the driveway lately you'll see I'm in my "yellow period.   Trailer's getting painted to match the truck.

I could be up for a mid-west Charger meet.  Still trying to work out a picnic date.  June and half of July are filling up for me.  Any more suggestiions?  Post Labor Day??

gnrl01

Doesn't matter what ya drive as long as you are into cars ;D Itsa426 where you from again? Yeah June is going to be busy for me as well so I am open for suggestions. I would like to get as many guys and any Mopars in General together that are game in the area. I think it could be a fun thing that could grow, heck we could cruise to the Field of Dreams up in Dyersville and tour the Ertl plant or many other things could be fun. Like I said I am open and just want to make it an awesome summer! I am posting any event and car show on my website so if you are looking for a place to go you may find it there...please sign up and feel free to addany events you know of too.You can never go to too many car shows  ;D I really hope to get a nice size group together, if you guys are game I could even hook car owners up with a free meal at a local Culvers. We did this last year and it was fun. The owner of Culvers loves old vintage car and I am sure we could arrange a mini car show type thing if any of you just want to get your car out and get a free lunch. There are many diffrent things we can do. Come see me

Don
midwesthotrods.us

Charger1973

Im there.  Hopefully i'll have that Charger by then too.   :yesnod:

ITSA426

gnrl01 Dyersville would be great.  I've got relatives in Dubuque. 

Minneapolis area here, but we can actually drive our cars so they see as many of the central US Charger get togethers as time and fuel costs allow.

We're putting plans together to get as many of our cars as possible to Jefferson City. 

Anyone coming up to Shakopee for Mopars in the park?

700HPCharger

I have a 69 and I am from southeast Nebraska. Check out this site WWW.HEARTLANDMOPARS.COM we are starting to get the site rolling, all are welcome!!!

ramit

700HPCharger

We are trying to get it growing, there isn't to much in the heartland for mopar owners, so some of the local guys decided to get it going. The more the better, so feel free to register and post away!

PocketThunder

Quote from: 700HPCharger on March 03, 2006, 12:28:08 PM
We are trying to get it growing, there isn't to much in the heartland for mopar owners, so some of the local guys decided to get it going. The more the better, so feel free to register and post away!

Check your website address in your signature below.  it only has two w's.  i knew that it needed 3, but just thought you might want to update it..

Paul :punkrocka:
in St. Paul

700HPCharger

opps...it's fixed now, thanks!

AdamMopar

Well nothing it wrong exactly I guess.  Just doesn't move under it's own power in the state it is in.  This picture is actually a couple years old, I don't have the newest ones on this computer.  ;D  Adam

700HPCharger

Schuler

I'm from Davenport, IA and Morrison, IL
-Zach Schuler
1969 Charger RT/SE 14.091 @ 98.25 (spinning)
1997 Cherokee Sport 4x4 16.057 @ 84
1956 D-100 Pickup
http://www.cardomain.com/id/schuler

gnrl01

Awesome! Would like to talk to you sometime...

PocketThunder

700HPCharger

Quote from: Schuler on March 07, 2006, 11:21:53 PM
I'm from Davenport, IA and Morrison, IL

I had a lot of family around Davenport

gnrl01

700hp where abouts are you from in Nebraska? I like your site very cool.

700HPCharger

I am from Beatrice, about 35 miles south of Lincoln. Thanks, feel free to join in, we are really trying to get the site going, the more the better!

RT DAVE

Madison WI here.   We all need to go the dubuque show in the fall.  I think route 66 in Chicago has a show too.  Don't know the dates on that. 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

gnrl01

I would be up for that, any type of gathering that any of you would be interested in I would love to get a bunch of mopars together...As long as you guys are cool with being seen with a General Lee :-\

Don
midwesthotrods.us

Charger1973

Quote from: gnrl01 on March 10, 2006, 01:57:21 PM
I would be up for that, any type of gathering that any of you would be interested in I would love to get a bunch of mopars together...As long as you guys are cool with being seen with a General Lee :-\

Don
midwesthotrods.us

Im cool with being seen with it...  but rather be seen IN it.    :yesnod:

700HPCharger

For you guys that have visited www.heartlandmopars.com we are holding bi-monthly trivia contest and the winners get t-shirts, gift certificates and such, so if you guys want some of the action stop by here: http://www.heartlandmopars.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=792&sid=47ff6c8e0b064d200b39ac20b1ed0662 and register and have a chance to win. We are doing out best to get the site going and would like all of you to come take a look

Charger74

I'm here in Des Moines as well.  I know that in June is typically that Mopar show up on North Merle Hay.  If you were there about two years ago, I saw your car.  Like a few others, mine is in the process of tear down and rebuil so I wouldn't be able to bring it.  But have nice Dakota finally after having two ford pu's.

Here is how my car currently sits.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/bleistner/Charger/DSC00559.jpg

KCBee

Hiya, checking in here from St. Joseph in northwest MO.
I have a 71 Superbee, good to see alot of Chargers around the region.

Charger1973

Hey Charger74 send me an email.  charger1973@hotmail.com

I would be interested in getting together to talk cars sometime, wouldnt mind seeing yours in person too, looks like a solid project car and I always like to see works in progress. You dont see too many Chargers around Des Moines, and I do like the 3rd Gens...   You can come by and check out my 73s too if you want.  I just got em both a week ago and they do need alot.   :yesnod: