News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

instrument cluster plastic

Started by charger01, February 06, 2006, 08:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

What is the best way to poslish the lenses?  Do they make plastic polish ??? ???

Ghoste

MeGuiars makes a plastic cleaner and a plastic polish that I've used on old lenses with great results.  You should be able to find it in any good auto parts store or a body shop supply house.

Wakko

PlastX is the stuff he's referring too...I use it on my police lights and other plastic pieces...it's great. :yesnod:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Blown70

Quote from: Wakko on February 20, 2006, 12:14:05 PM
PlastX is the stuff he's referring too...I use it on my police lights and other plastic pieces...it's great. :yesnod:

So that the "suspects" can see the light clearly......LOL ;D

Wakko

Nah, I polish the plastic on my shoes so they can see them more clearly when I kick them in the head!   Ok, not really.  :)
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

4402tuff4u

You can buff them with a buffing wheel and special compound. Eastwood has the whole kit you might want to consider to get long lasting results. Like anything else, you must be very carefull because you are dealing with a relatively soft material that will fall apart if you heat it up or scratch up if you don't follow the buffing instructions. You should try to get the book "Project Charger", it's a wealth of information on restoration of a Charger. I got allot out of it. With the Eastwood kit, you can do the alum and stainless trim too. I even buffed out the lightly pitted chrome pieces and got allot of new shine out of them. some of the trim looks better than new. :icon_smile_wink:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"