News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This might be a good movie

Started by TruckDriver, June 01, 2013, 10:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130531/CARNEWS01/130539951

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KImCwzGBLHI

While many of us are excited about Ron Howard's "Rush" coming to theaters on Sept. 20, another true-to-life story about drag racers Don "The Snake" Prudhomme and Tom "The Mongoose" McEwen comes out two weeks earlier on Sept. 6.

"Snake and Mongoose" tells the story of the two men who revolutionized entertainment sports marketing on the drag strip in the '60s and '70s. Prudhomme was a seven-time NHRA U.S. Nationals winner and four-time NHRA World Champion, while McEwen only won five races over his 45 year career, but his showmanship made him one of the biggest in the sport.

The pair of Southern Californian men competed for years on the strip. But it was when they partnered with Mattel's Hot Wheels that corporate sponsorship changed forever: It allowed Snake and Mongoose to buy the best parts and stick them on the best chassis with the most expensive tires. In today's world, you can't race without loads of corporate sponsorship money. The Snake and the Mongoose are to thank for that, for better or worse.

The film is directed by Wayne Holloway, and written by Holloway and Alan Paradise. Jesse Williams ("The Cabin in the Woods," "Brooklyn's Finest") plays The Snake and Richard Blake ("Dragonball: Evolution) plays the Mongoose. Other stars include Noah Wiley, Ashley Hinshaw, Ian Ziering and John Heard, who plays Wally Parks.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Nwcharger

It will be good for sure, and its a movie that my wife actually really wants to see. Her parents were part of the safety crew at baylands raceway in the 80s and spent a lot of time there. She normally doesn't care to much about automotive related movies but when she saw dons car on the auction block a few weeks ago she started looking for pictures on line and found the trailer for that movie. She got so excited when she seen that trailer I was amazed.  :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

1974dodgecharger

looks like a remake of DRIVEN with stallone same story and all......

71ChallengeHer

Shelby and I want to see both of them.  :2thumbs:  There is a movie coming out called Clutch. It is going right to DVD. Look up the trailer on YouTube . It looks pretty good.  :2thumbs: 

Nwcharger

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on June 01, 2013, 02:22:08 PM
Shelby and I want to see both of them.  :2thumbs:  There is a movie coming out called Clutch. It is going right to DVD. Look up the trailer on YouTube . It looks pretty good.  :2thumbs: 

I saw the trailer for that movie last summer. Can't wait to see it.  :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

Ghoste

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

Agreed, and a 65 Olds behind it possibly?