News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Fire, the Mopar Fire

Started by cudaken, May 28, 2013, 08:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Many of you here will not know who I am, but many of you will. I am Cuda Ken and I maybe back! The Mopar Fire has a glowing ember again and with some help, it may be lit again!

Been a long time for the for the Mopar Ember to start to glow again. Guess it been about 7 years now. Had to sale my 69 Charger (hear she maybe in Germany) do to being out of work. My 69 Road Runner fuel pump went out and I never fix it. Then there was the bad taste left in my mouth over a 69 AMX I was did the body work on at my house.

Then I found a new hobby, HO scale Trains and I was hooked on and still am. My train layout fills my 2 car garage so the my last Mopar 1968 Road Runner sat out site waiting me patently waiting for me.   

What sparked my rekindling fire was when someone wanted to buy my Road Runner a few days ago. I have owned her for 38 years now, Mon and Dad bought her when I was 12 years old and I got her when I was 17. I lost a few nights sleep over the possible sale.  ::) She is my last Mopar, and it just did not set well with me having no Mopar.

Driving back and forth from work the last few days I have been going over in my head what I need to do to get her running after sitting 6 years.

1 Yank the intake to see what is living in it. Lube the cam and lifters.

2 Pull the plugs, and get some Marvel Mystery Oil down the holes.

3 Drain the oil and refill.

4 New fuel pump installed. Boy they have went up in the last 7 years!  :o Will run the intake fuel line into a gas can with fresh gas.

5 Prelube the heck out of the motor, then turn a 1/4 of a turn and repeat till I go 360 degrees.

6 Get a fresh battery and she if she lives!  :2thumbs: Just hope the 750 Holley is OK, it did not have any gas in it.

If that all goes well, see if I know some one with a old Dodge Car Hauler (Hey Gino you still here I hope) and get her dragged over to Allen Mo-pad and get her pretty again!  :coolgleamA:

Any tips are welcomed from the great white north Psycho?

Wish me luck.

Cuda Ken

I am back

cudaken

Looks like I going to have to relearn how to post pictures here!  :brickwall:

Post count 1,900? I pretty sure I was well over 10,000!

Cuda Ken
I am back

Chargerguy74

Welcome back Ken, I was wondering if you'd be coming back. Sweet pic.

Ryan
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Daytona R/T SE

Now there's a blast from the past! :cheers:

73rallye440magnum

WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

JB400

Welcome back :cheers: Heard a little about you from others and past posts, but looking forward to getting to know you first hand :2thumbs:  Keep us posted on the RR :popcrn:

Cooter

Good luck Ken. Looking forward to progress.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

cudaken

Looking forward to being back right now and hope it stays that way. It is going to be another sleepless night to night. But this time it will be dreaming about getting Miss Lumpy (nick name given to my RR by Dave) fired up and running again.

Can I use Photo Bucket on this site?

Cuda Ken
I am back

moparstuart

welcome back , sad to say i'm the guy who sold your charger to germany
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

68X426

Quote from: cudaken on May 28, 2013, 08:52:46 PM
Looks like I going to have to relearn how to post pictures here!  :brickwall:

Post count 1,900? I pretty sure I was well over 10,000!

Cuda Ken

Type real fast, several folks here can knock off 2000 posts a month. You'll be at 10k in no time.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Cooter

PS: I think "Psycho" is no longer in the great white north. He's in Panama I think now.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

chargerboy69

As some "Old Timers" here no longer post or have left, one of the most famous return.

Welcome back Ken. . .  :2thumbs:

While many of the faces will be new, the same conversations are still going on.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

General_01

Welcome back Ken! Can't wait to see pics of Miss Lumpy cruisin' the streets again.  :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

:cheers:   

Well I'll be darned, it's Ken.     Don't sell that car!  No no no.     
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

cudaken

Hum, Germany? That is great! I have a friend Ulrich Abramowski that will be the equivalent of a congressman in Germany in a few months! He owes me a few favors from Train Stuff I sent him!  :lol: :lol:

To be honest I am just happy she is still alive and not a General Lee! When she was in the local TV Commercial Gateway Drag Strip called and asked if I had a General Lee? I told her "NO, I had a General Sherman!" She was confused for a while till I explained!    
She should have been crushed into Beer Can's a few times in her life! I wounder if Frankenstein is still tacked weld on the left frame rail?  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/Mopar/noass2222_zps893c4777.jpg.html]

After she broke in half from rust.

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/Mopar/Newass11_zps12b29cc3.jpg.html]

Donner rear frame

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/Mopar/mestillintrunk_zps1035044c.jpg.html]

Me sitting on the floor while in the trunk!  :lol:

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/Mopar/Tiresmokegood222.jpg.html]

After she was painted with the 426 installed.

I do miss her, sweet ride and drove great!

Cuda Ken

I am back

Ghoste

Hey Ken, its about time.  Get that Road Runner went back to the streets. :icon_smile_big:

Bob

Welcome back Ken. You were one of the first to welcome me to the club back in 01 or 02. Lots of different names/faces here but same topics.

Bob

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Everybody kept their decoder rings, right?

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on May 29, 2013, 06:33:26 AM

Yeah, but I heard they only spelled out "Drink more Ovaltine"??

moparstuart

Quote from: cudaken on May 28, 2013, 10:25:49 PM

Hum, Germany? That is great! I have a friend Ulrich Abramowski that will be the equivalent of a congressman in Germany in a few months! He owes me a few favors from Train Stuff I sent him!  :lol: :lol:

To be honest I am just happy she is still alive and not a General Lee! When she was in the local TV Commercial Gateway Drag Strip called and asked if I had a General Lee? I told her "NO, I had a General Sherman!" She was confused for a while till I explained!    
She should have been crushed into Beer Can's a few times in her life! I wounder if Frankenstein is still tacked weld on the left frame rail?  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/Mopar/noass2222_zps893c4777.jpg.html]

After she broke in half from rust.

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/Mopar/Newass11_zps12b29cc3.jpg.html]

Donner rear frame

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/Mopar/mestillintrunk_zps1035044c.jpg.html]

Me sitting on the floor while in the trunk!  :lol:

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/Mopar/Tiresmokegood222.jpg.html]

After she was painted with the 426 installed.

I do miss her, sweet ride and drove great!

Cuda Ken

yet the Frankenstein is still welded in the the left rear frame rail over the rear wheel

here is the car just a month ago leaving KC headed for houston to load on a ship to germany

70 Charger RT

Welcome back Ken.  Nice to have you back.

Randall in the great white north.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

68CoronetRT

Welcome back! I know I'm new around here but as I do my research about mopar's your posts come up quiet often :2thumbs:. Didn't know you were out of the game for so long!

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on May 29, 2013, 06:33:26 AM
I'll have to get me one.

miamivice

TruckDriver

Welcome back Ken. You were missed. Every once in a while, someone would be asking about you. I always love reading your posts. I hope you stick around  :cheers: :2thumbs:

Pete (used to be wichargerguy)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Just 6T9 CHGR

Holee crap!  Welcome back dude!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69 OUR/TEA

Hey Ken,welcome back! :cheers: Last posts I remember from you,you were restoring an AMX I think.

Maybe Droptop will be back soon !!!!

cudaken

Thanks for welcoming me back into the fold folks!

Wounder why 41 Husk (Allen) has not posted? Bet he is :brickwall: wondering what I have got him into! :lol:

Far as anyone needing a Cuda Ken Decoder Ring, I think I have a dozen left. They are only $12.99 plus shipping.  :icon_smile_big:

Been looking on line at work for need parts to get started. I get a good discount from NAPA when I order thought work. Parts I need to get started.

1 Used battery, something that will just take a charge, I have a big battery Charger to get her cranking over. I should be able to get one from work. We installed 7 battery's but all where side post.  :shruggy:

2 Fuel Pump. Napa has some for around $20.00. While not what I really want later, but my goal right now is just to get her breathing later. I do have a never used one, but it has sat for 7 years, does not seem worth the chances of it being bad now.

3 Power Steering Box. While this will come after I get her breathing again she will need one. My cost though work is $92.00, seems like a good deal.

4 Electric Drill. So I can per-oil the motor. Home Depot has them for around $35.00 or so.

Guessing oil, plugs, lithium grease (for cam and lifters) filter and few other things I will need around another $60.00 to $80.00 dollars. That is assuming (we know what happens when we do that don't we) it should take around $150.00 to get her going.

So Moparstuart she is still wearing the paint I sprayed? I painted her on my Birthday, 5 years to the day when she broke in half from rust. Yep, broke in half on my Birthday as well.  :shruggy: Is her hood still semi gloss black? It was by accident that it was painted that way. But I loved the look!

Old Timer Quiz! Does anyone one remember why the hood was painted semi gloss black?  :scratchchin:

I will buy the winner a can of Cam 2 :2thumbs:

Cuda Ken

I am back

bull

Whoa! I thought you were gone forever. Welcome back. You gonna srick around for a while this time?
:2thumbs:

Oh, still waiting on that bumper jack you promised. :coolgleamA: :ohhthesarcasm: Nah, I got one about three years ago.

BrianShaughnessy

Welcome back Ken!  :)

You were missed.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

cudaken

Bull I hope so, but I am going to need some local support. My health is not what it uses to be! I am diabetic and had a few close calls. Was in the hospital for 6 days and all most lost part of my foot because of a callous? :P Had a pick line installed and was on intravenously antibiotics for 3 months.  

Blood sugar is under control but still lack energy, well to be honest more motivation than anything.  

Cuda Ken
I am back

bull

Quote from: cudaken on May 29, 2013, 08:15:46 PM

Bull I hope so, but I am going to need some local support. My health is not what it uses to be! I am diabetic and had a few close calls. Was in the hospital for 6 days and all most lost part of my foot because of a callous? :P Had a pick line installed and was on intravenously antibiotics for 3 months. 

Blood sugar is under control but still lack energy, well to be honest more motivation than anything. 

Cuda Ken

Ugh, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I know in my case, getting old ain't for wimps.

472 R/T SE

Wow, never thought I'd see the day.  Welcome back Mr. cudaken sir.

Those pic lines are great aren't they!  I had one for 8 weeks.  So for 8 weeks I crapped my pants every day.  The omoxicyllin antibodies promote loose stools & since I'm paralyzed I have no control of the bowel or bladder.  Fun times.  I had another close call in March.  Epidural abscess & staph blood infection.  Infection latched onto a heart valve, much longer & I would have been history.

Oh yeah, you may not have been around but in Nov. '03 I crashed a Banshee in the sand dunes, breaking my back becoming a paraplegic.

I had to sell the blue '70 Charger R/T 4 gear for obvious reasons.  I remember when we had Charger of the Month on the old site & you couldn't believe my car didn't have any rust.  :smilielol:

ChargerBill stopped in a while ago.

Anyhoots.  My old username was:  AllBlueRT

moparstuart

Quote from: cudaken on May 29, 2013, 07:51:57 PM
Thanks for welcoming me back into the fold folks!

Wounder why 41 Husk (Allen) has not posted? Bet he is :brickwall: wondering what I have got him into! :lol:

Far as anyone needing a Cuda Ken Decoder Ring, I think I have a dozen left. They are only $12.99 plus shipping.  :icon_smile_big:

Been looking on line at work for need parts to get started. I get a good discount from NAPA when I order thought work. Parts I need to get started.

1 Used battery, something that will just take a charge, I have a big battery Charger to get her cranking over. I should be able to get one from work. We installed 7 battery's but all where side post.  :shruggy:

2 Fuel Pump. Napa has some for around $20.00. While not what I really want later, but my goal right now is just to get her breathing later. I do have a never used one, but it has sat for 7 years, does not seem worth the chances of it being bad now.

3 Power Steering Box. While this will come after I get her breathing again she will need one. My cost though work is $92.00, seems like a good deal.

4 Electric Drill. So I can per-oil the motor. Home Depot has them for around $35.00 or so.

Guessing oil, plugs, lithium grease (for cam and lifters) filter and few other things I will need around another $60.00 to $80.00 dollars. That is assuming (we know what happens when we do that don't we) it should take around $150.00 to get her going.

So Moparstuart she is still wearing the paint I sprayed? I painted her on my Birthday, 5 years to the day when she broke in half from rust. Yep, broke in half on my Birthday as well.  :shruggy: Is her hood still semi gloss black? It was by accident that it was painted that way. But I loved the look!

Old Timer Quiz! Does anyone one remember why the hood was painted semi gloss black?  :scratchchin:

I will buy the winner a can of Cam 2 :2thumbs:

Cuda Ken

I still have the black hood ken it was damaged and the front was rusted really bad so i replaced it before it shipped

greenpigs

Nice to have you back cudaken.

Some of the old timers are still around they just don't post as much as they use to.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

redmist

I remember you!!!!

I came back also, welcome back!
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

bakerhillpins

:wave:  Don't know you but hope to get to.  :yesnod: 

Nice to have the old timers back on board.   :2thumbs: 

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

kokxville

I remember your screenname  :yesnod:
Welcome back  :2thumbs:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

NHCharger

Welcome back Ken. :cheers:
Weren't you also on the old board that crashed and burned??
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

rt green

nice to hear from you. i remember the max wedge story. i go back and read it from time to time.  makes me feel mopar-ish (for the lack of better words)  was wondering what ever happened to you.     bruce
third string oil changer

areibel

Quote from: moparstuart on May 29, 2013, 10:44:25 PM
I still have the black hood ken it was damaged and the front was rusted really bad so i replaced it before it shipped

There you go CudaKen!
You can start to rebuild her yet again! Start with the hood and work your way down and back!  :nana:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: NHCharger on May 30, 2013, 11:34:01 AM
Welcome back Ken. :cheers:

Yeah, he was.  He was here when I got here.  Same with you iirc.

Just 6T9, cudaken, 69ChargerRT (founder of cuda-challenger.com) & ChargerBill were the big shots back then.

I remember one year we were trying to hit 500 members' before the end of the year.  It was a big deal when we did it.

OldGuy

Ken,
Welcome back to one of the originals from the old site!!  there were less than 100 of us for quite a few months when it was first set up.  Hope you can get Miss Lumpy up and running soon.
Carl
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

cudaken

Quote from: NHCharger on Today at 10:34:01 AM
Welcome back Ken. cheers

Yeah, he was.  He was here when I got here.  Same with you iirc.

Just 6T9, cudaken, 69ChargerRT (founder of cuda-challenger.com) & ChargerBill were the big shots back then.

I remember one year we were trying to hit 500 members' before the end of the year.  It was a big deal when we did it.

I remember on the old site one of the then top poster made a post about me posting to much! He was quickly told my the other members to keep is air cleaner shut!  :icon_smile_big:

472 RT/ SE sorry to hear about your accident! Can you still drive using hand controls? Boy I loved your 1970, my favorite year Charger. I wish mine had not been stole 30 years ago.   

Guy that wants to buy my Runner did get hold of me today. Said the reason he did not call was due to his son dropping his phone and could not call?  :scratchchin:

Going to meet with him next week, if he bring the full asking prices, maybe. But my real plan is to make a Mopar Buddie and help him to find a car! In the mean time, I can teach him about Mopar while he helps me work on my car!  :smilielol: I am not as dumb as I spell!  :coolgleamA:

Cuda Ken  :cheers:

I am back

73rallye440magnum

I was a member on the old site, so I can only imagine Ken was as well! I remember being bummed when that one died.

Good luck with your Mopar! I have been without one for over a year now.
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

472 R/T SE

Ken, did you notice one of the stickies.  We lost TK73 (Chris)here a while back.  He & ChargerBill used to go round & round if that helps jog your memory.

I have hand controls in my daily driver Magnum but never put them in my classics.  I use my hips to push my entire legs for gas/brakes.  One of the biggest reasons for not being able to walk is my ankles are dead, feet just flop around.

hemi68charger

Welcome back Ken. Hope you create a nice balance between the HO's and the Mopar..  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

XS29J8

I'll take that CAM2 from ya! Engine fire ruined your freshly painted hood............Welcome back Ken, I just lurk, don't post much anymore........

Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

472 R/T SE

I thought you had turned into an audiophile right before you left.  I remember a garage full of old school speakers, etc.

Budnicks

All though I don't really know you, but I've read a few of your threads, welcome back  :cheers:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

cudaken

472, I have been a audiophile all most as long as I have had the Road Runner. It was just renewed a little more back then when I had a good paying job.

Steve! How the 68 Charger Doing? I did the Body Work on Steve's 68 Hemi Charger, good 10 to 12 years ago?  :eek2: Getting old Sucks! Few Pictures of Steve's Charger.

Steve wins the Cam 2.

Later Ken

I am back