News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3/8th sender to 5/16 fuel line?

Started by 5hunert, May 27, 2013, 08:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5hunert

I'm changing out the fuel sender on my '69 Charger 500, 440 car.  The original sender was 3/8ths, with a separate vapor fitting. However, the car came equipped with a 5/16 fuel line and the vapor line. Its the factory setup and still has all the original clamps.  The hose is deteriorated to the point that I can't tell if it was a 3/8th hose clamped down to the 5/16 line, or a 5/16 hose stretched to the 3/8 sending unit. 

Has anyone else encountered this?  What size hose did you end up using?

Charger RT

my 68 R/T was this way. I replaced the 5/16" line with a 3/8" line. It fit in the same frame rail clips.
Tim

Cooter

I Always upgrade to the 3/8" sender/pick up. However, many people will do only the sender and run leave the 5/16" line all the way to the carb.

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"