News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help Needed removing back seat, thx

Started by mach123, June 20, 2013, 10:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mach123

I need help on how to get the back rest of back seat from a 72 charger off, I got the rest out but that part. I can see the clips on the bottom left and right side but nothing else to pop off. Thanks for any info.

pistolgrip

pull the bottom out away from the clips at the bottom, then push up. it can be stubborn at times. Good Luck

john108

My charger is a '68 so I don't know if it is applicable, but.
We have some very strong guys posting on this board.  I was told to bump the rear sear near the clips while lifting.  I wasn't strong enough so I used a bottle jack between the back of the front seat and the front of the rear seat (using 2x4's to protect the seats).  A few pumps on the handle and it lifted off.

mach123

I got it, mine was just with the two tabs to bend and lift , it was good to go. Now I am trying to get complete dash out,  wow taking longer to get dash out then the whole interior, do I need to remove the  plate where the heat runs off first or what. Are there brackets that is holding dash to steering colume or what must be a couple hiden bolts, thx

71_Charger_R/T