News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Package Tray Speakers

Started by MackDa600, May 25, 2013, 09:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MackDa600

Whats the best size speakers to fit in the rear package tray, I'd prefer a drop in style rather then an undermount style. The package tray has an impression where a speaker would sit nicely.

1968 charger r/t hardtop

MackDa600

They dont have anything, thanks anyway

twodko

I installed some Polk Audio 5x7 coaxial speaks. With a little Dremel Tool grinding they will drop right in. A few members have mounted 6x9's......prolly bottom mounted or lots of trimming. My car had "back in the day" holes cuts in the door panels(DAMMIT!) so I replaced the old Radio Shack Optimus speaks....remember those....with Polk Audio 5.5" coaxial's and everything sounds great. Banana Dan......the forum's newest Dad......installed a Secret Audio system in his car. After researching this system I put the same system in my 69. It's awesome, plenty loud enough for me without extra amps.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

elacruze

I used JBL GTO series 5x7s, and they sound GREAT. Much better than I expected, and I don't yet have speakers up front or a subwoofer.

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

b5blue

Possibly make a plate to drop in 5.5/6 inch round speakers?  :scratchchin:

lasvegas69charg

x2 on Polk 5x7 in the rear pkg. I also put 5x7 in the doors along with polk tweets in the center dash and polk subs in the trunk powered by 2 alpine amps.  Sounds great.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

WHITE AND RED 69

I did a bit of trimming and got 2 Polk 6x9's in mine.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster