News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Tail Light Assemblies

Started by twenty mike mike, May 23, 2013, 11:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty mike mike

I purchased tail light lenses and bezels from one of the suppliers, and while the lenses were beautiful, the bezels weren't even close to the correct size and shape. Even if they had fit, half of the mounting studs were too short.

I was able to return the bezels, but I was afraid if I ordered another set, I'd have the same problem. I called Mike Ross at B/E & A, and he knew immediately what I was talking about. He told me that he has so many problems with the bezels he gets, he will only sell bezels and tail lights as an assembly, and he has to go through many bezels before he can make an assembly. Even though he spends all that extra time sorting though the bezels and fitting them to the lenses, he still sells the assemblies at a discount compared to buying the lenses and bezels separately.

Since I already had the lenses, he suggested that I send them to him and he would find bezels to fit, and install them. I just got them back and they are perfect.

That sort of customer service certainly is rare nowadays. The other suppliers seem to just ship the parts they get without checking whether or not they're made properly. Thanks Mike!  :cheers:

resq302

Yes, I have dealt with Mike multiple times.  Defintely a good guy with him.  One of the few people who actually care about their customers.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Cooter

Bought some '66-'67 Pieces off Mike. He's good people.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Brightyellow69rtse

i need bezels too. one fell off years ago. ive just been choking on the price. good to know about the fitment issue.